Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

End Game

2»

Comments

• I can't wait for him to fuck something up like powerless=rr if there's no cap to the pop gains formula, would be funny if some new RR tricks come out of nowhere if he ends up tampering with those. Trying to think, what else could go wrong?
  • I can't wait for him to fuck something up like powerless=rr if there's no cap to the pop gains formula, would be funny if some new RR tricks come out of nowhere if he ends up tampering with those. Trying to think, what else could go wrong?
    Mutant explosion was a good example of royally fucked up code that actually was a lot of fun.
  • Agreed. Also thought the round where 1 probe took out thousands in power was fun as well.
  • Ryan unless you discovered it in newb mode, you didn't discover it way before s1 lol

Regardless you can always count on bcart fucking up, you just need to find his fuckup
  • edited April 2015
    Zeality, I discovered it in newb mode like I said. was only 24 hours into newbie that I realized my probe growth rate was too fast to be realistic and at the current pace I was going to end up with double the probes I was supposed to. Mass messages were sent out to bcart with more than 30 ticks to go in newbie.
    "how many people on s1 noticed that we were stuck in probicide first day of newbie?" meant first day in newbie if I had to be more specific
  • Oh yeah, I meant the robbing aspect.
  • do like what i did in round 76, make soldiers, 450k of them, in the meantime, save 600mill plat

be made fun of for not being able to end game, drop from #8NW to like #16

train 450k tanks (when 14 hours are remaining ... otherwise pop kill :D)

make fun of bitches who called you a noob :D
    By round 76 you can probably get away with it. To be honest in a low KT round if there's a clear top few don't see why they couldn't save money if they're high enough probes. Nobody's going to be able 16x someone that much bigger than them and if so quite possible to be hit. If you're failing over half wouldn't be economical to try robbing until very end, and if only one or two people like that could potentially pay off with the stockpile. Depends a lot on land sizes of course. South of 50k land this would never work obviously and there'd be no need to stockpile cash anyway. North of 100k and high probes, surely has to be cases where it could work.

I think too many people took what I've done on s2 as the only way to endgame now. I'd never heard of anyone doing it and now everyone seems to talk about it. Should have prefaced it with: "would not do this on s1 (except some rare circumstances you are unlikely to find), but in many cases on s2 can def work."

Also should be noted that in 4 endgames,
    -One of mine was soldier disband RR (stock up a ton of soldiers, go RR without more than 2-3k probes, disband soldiers till end) without money save (was +soldier train round)--Did calcs on this and could have withstanded a good number of kidnaps and still paid off, but it's an s2 endgame designed for low land.
    -Another more traditional tank heavy rax overflow one.
    -And two with this kind of big finish. Working because of the huge lead I had at that point and few/no people with high enough probes to exploit.
    round 66 was the one where your probes blew up everytime you use them :p
    so i was not worried about getting robbed :D
    round 66 was the one where your probes blew up everytime you use them :p
    so i was not worried about getting robbed :D
    That round was bugged to favour probers dude. 1 probe sent against someone would rob them for all your probes, with only losing 1 probe... Not too many applied that to robbery, just suiciding power... We walked away with a sh*t tonne of cash on that :)
    Exactly. ArAcHnId, was just referring to you saying round 76 which is over a year away. And Bean is right. smart people used probes. When I died I rebuilt and kept up 30% pf all round. Was well worth it. just takes a moment for them to build up. We s2 players figured out what was up with the round way before s1 people did strangely.

Also as an aside, how many people on s1 noticed that we were stuck in probicide first day of newbie? Had a nice teamm of people personally messaging bcart to stop his foolery. Wonder how many messages it took for him to fix it.
    Actually i said round 76 by mistake, and i still wasn't worried about robbers as for robbing the one probe failed a lot of times...
    Suiciding power was the best use of it though
  • All it takes is a couple people finding out about it and hacking and there you go. And with no losses and double probe gains the same # of pfs can get near 4x the probe ratio. Instead of people sitting at 10 probes per land it was easy to be 40. 40 probes per land can hurt, even if you only get through 1 in 6.
    Was even possible to RR that round (if no one caught you and tried to 1 probe kidnap you down)