Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

hi my name is slim shady

Comments

• I carry the slim shady lp in my car..haven't listened to it awhile as it got boring real fast. And I would consider that his best album. Believe me I am an avid hiphop fan I've heard every song he has made. Marshal and encore are mediocre. Relapse is tolerable just because of the comedy and insanity of it. Recovery is shit and once I heard rap god I never bothered to listen to his latest album.

• you are a clueless virgin. Your nigger friends have turned you into an idiot.
  • eminem blows
    your mother should of blown you.
    or fetal research
  • If you think eminem is good then you know nothing of hiphop
    Again, another retarded post from you, keep it up. I dislike John Lennon, does that mean hes shit, too? Eminem has a different style, you love it or you hate it. He's a story teller, he doesn't rap about bitches and 22's. His wordplay though is second to none, nobody sane would argue that.

"I have heard every song he has made" and then "once I heard Rap God I never bothered to listen to his album".

I like hiphop and rap, but a vast majority of it sounds like shit to me. Shadys music sounds good, the lyrics are rock solid and he has gone full circle from the start of his career to now. Quite the fuckin adventure for fans of his work who've been following him for years.
  • edited March 2015
    Shady pales in comparison to Big L, Big Pun, any member of the Wu-Tang, Nas, MF Doom. Jeru The Damaja..etc
  • edited March 2015
    I can go on for days ..didn't even mention Biggie, Tribe Called Quest, or KMD. Any of these artists have superior lyricism and production.
  • dude, eminem is a fuckin beast lol! you are about to be totes unfriended on facebook lol. i hate to admit this myself, cause there is a lot of great rappers, but em is the best ever imo. close second is a unknown guy name Locksmith but he has only a fraction of the music. and nothing at all against wu tang or big pun but no.
  • and i know everything of hip hop dont even try to play that card with me.
  • You remove the Wu-Tang from hiphop...it is changed completely. You remove Eminem, not much happens. 50 Cent doesn't get big
  • I can see how the masses would like him, but I am not into mainstream hiphop. I prefer the classics
  • thats just not true, you remove eminem and remove ALL of the good rap of the late 90s and onward. not to mention there are many many current and upcoming rappers who rely on the styles em used. not to mention eminem started the Cyphers, which is probably single handedly saved the future of hip hop.
  • and there is nothing mainstream about cyphers, its become the main platform for hip hop artists to voice their styles and its brought a lot of already good rappers together.
  • Bad Guy off of MMLP2 was one of his best tracks, imo. His latest works are pretty much delving into the mind of a guy who was psychotic and drug-addicted, to a man who recognizes his faults and is powering through them.

That shit resonates with people, so it's no surprise his fame is continuing on.
  • My two favorite albums : Enter The 36 Chambers by Wu-Tang Clan, and Liquid Swords (not legend of the liquid swords) by the GZA ft nearly all the wu members.

Deep lyricism in both, classical Chinese martial art theme in 36 and Japanese samurai in liquid swords, the gritty production which profoundly influenced east coast hiphop and began a era of east coast dominance; I can't get enough of that shit
  • Listen to the track '4th Chamber' by GZA on the above mentioned Liquid Swords. Of course it is a spiritual successor to the legendary '7th Chamber' in the above mentioned Enter The 36 Chambers
  • Lynog, which ever one you are, you're a miserable bastard aren't you? And I'm surprised you're racist, the Queen would be ashamed. Thought you Brits were tolerable with all your colonial past.
  • Lynog, which ever one you are, you're a miserable bastard aren't you? And I'm surprised you're racist, the Queen would be ashamed. Thought you Brits were tolerable with all your colonial past.
    Tolerable? I don't know, some brits are better than Lynog. But i don't know him really, except few postings here and there.
    Storlock is Brit, and he is pretty awesome Troll. Depends really!
  • edited April 2015
    I heard someone say that Scotsmen make terrible lovers.
    I am Scottish and I am a spectacular lover. Ask all my hoes and tricks, they nicknamed my dick, phillip, because it "fills them up" They named it, not me.

I've also been told I possess "devil dick magic" not that I know what that is, but it must mean the opposite of what you said you heard, So, I think you heard wrong, broski.
  • He lasted about as long as I expected.
  • You realize like 90% of all rappers agree that eminem is the greatest MC alive. Go look up some people talking about him, you got guys like 50,jay z, the game, murda mook, dre, snoop, some of the biggest names the scene ever had talk about how amazing he is.

The numbers done lie.

1)Best Selling Rapper Of All Time
    2)The Slim Shady LP Won Grammy For Best Rap Album.
    3)The Marshall Mathers Lp Became The Fastest Selling Solo Album In History And Also Won Grammy For Best Rap Album.
    4)The Eminem Show Won Grammy For Best Rap Album Making Eminem The First Artist To Win Best Rap Album For Three Consecutive LPs.
    5)Eminem Won The Award For Best Rap Album Again In 2010. Giving Him A total Of 11 Grammys.
    6)He Won The Academy Award For Best Original Single For Lose Yourself And The Song Went On To Be The Longest Running No1 Hip Hop Single.
    7)Eminem Is The Best Selling Artist Of This Decade.. I Find This Funny Since He Was Gone For 4 Of Them Years.

World Wide sales by ablum.

Slimshady LP 18million
    MM LP 32million
    Eminem Shop 30million
    Encore 11million
    Relapse 10million
    Recovery 17million

Take into acct that these days its so easy to get downloads on the internet there is alot less bought CD's. Now countdankula, lets look at a few of your "better" rappers.

Wu Tang clan, between there 6 alblums they cant even boast 6million copies sold.
    Nas with his 12 albums cant even get to 7million.
    Big Pun, and L, lets not even get into them, they cant even break 2million together.

http://list25.com/25-top-selling-music-artists-of-all-time/3/

Top artists of all time. That list has basically the whos who of all music ever. Pretty much the most elite crowd in the world (music wise). Guess whos on that list, and is the ONLY rapper on that list.
  • Maybe you guys could decide this with a rap battle.
  • Maybe you guys could decide this with a rap battle.
    Oh God please no. I can't handle anymore videos
  • You're saying number of records sold equals the quality of it ? Hardly, like I said eminem is for the mainstream. Justin Bieber has sold quite a few records is he good? How about Drake ? Tyga? The Wutang were a massive influence on hiphop, look up how many times the song CREAM is alluded to in other hiphop artists works. Can't say the same of eminem. Look up any top 10 hiphop albums of all time and enter the wutang will be there.
  • Actually, music wise, record sales does not say it all.

The band Rush is worship by NIN, and Metallica. yet, Rush record sales is not a huge as NIN or Metallica.

There are really good musicians that you can respect.

Biebs being Canadian may not have the singing talent, but that of a performer, that can sell out.

There is a big difference between just a performers, versus talented musicians/bands. Sometimes, those that can perform, can sing so-so, earns the money.
  • Eminem has substance, originality and talent that is so rare nowadays.
  • edited April 2015
    Here are the first 5 top hiphop album sites I picked and where enter the 36 chambers is located. Of course it is surrounded by nas and biggie.

There is plenty of hiphop that has substance , originality, and talent. It's called underground hiphop.

http://rap.about.com/od/toppicks/ss/Top100RapAlbums_10.htm

http://www.laweekly.com/music/top-20-golden-age-hip-hop-albums-4484998

http://www.clashmusic.com/feature/top-ten-hip-hop-albums

top 10 no order

http://rateyourmusic.com/list/Junction1z70/hip_hop_city_100_greatest_albums_of_all_time/

• Btw no eminem in any of the top 10 of those lists ^ didn't even look past that I doubt he'd appear until the 20's
  • Is this idiot still rambling on? Nobody agrees with you. Just fuckoff
  • you are a clueless virgin. Your nigger friends have turned you into an idiot.
    haha