Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Most OP PT Ever?

13»

Comments

• Any PT I play is OP

/thread
  • shadow lands.
  • s2 that's actually not true. don't need to have friends really. Game can do talking. When I play I don't do naps. Friends will tell you if you're not in my sector, ok you're a friend. but when there's no multi problem as soon as we get out of the first week game on. naps are a bs way of obtaining advantage in most situations imo.

Lynog, I thought defensive was never more than 1 point per pop? And I suppose terra should have been strong there too, but bonus wasn't like it is today i bet
  • edited February 2015
    Getting killed because people don't recognize you as #1 is precisely the thing I don't like about s1 RZQ.

S2 scores usually are legit. Thank you for making my point :)
  • s2 that's actually not true. don't need to have friends really. Game can do talking. When I play I don't do naps. Friends will tell you if you're not in my sector, ok you're a friend. but when there's no multi problem as soon as we get out of the first week game on. naps are a bs way of obtaining advantage in most situations imo.

Lynog, I thought defensive was never more than 1 point per pop? And I suppose terra should have been strong there too, but bonus wasn't like it is today i bet
    FW used to have a huge pop bonus at one time. the D points from defensive actually got nerfed due to people abusing it with pure suicides. It sucked really, any ol high pop scrub could suicide break most players and be totally safe.

• edited February 2015
    I know it got nerfed down from 1. It was 1 point per pop for a while. Now it's 0.25. 1 is not super OP though. Staying in defensive was better than growth or mobi on terra or fw. but it wasn't like it was this huge slam dunk.

but when was it 10?

Terra effectively has a pop boost also which I'm referring.
    most OP pt ever was FW when defensive gave you 10d per pop? maybe less i cant rememeber, you could go defensive and send every bit of your D out and not get touched, after that its simply DW, nothing even comes close, only for the fact they get killed very early every round nothing would beable to come near DW.
  • Terra is now "the" pop PT. But it wasnt always that way, FW used to have a huge pop bonus, it was a long time ago so im sketchy on what it actually was. I never actually done it myself either, i remember Moogs doing it one round and ruining people with it, Better memories than me will know exact numbers, where is Flazer when you need him?
  • Oh I know that. Long time ago though. I never played anywhere near that long ago when FW was the pop PT, but I've looked back at old pt bonuses several times. Latest I see FW as a real pop PT structure is round 11. At +15% pop +20% returns before they added the SM boost.

FW pop boost was more than terra. But terra always had at least 10% to all bonuses no? In which case thats 10% pop boost.

You know you can look back at most round and pt bonuses by just changing the number in the URL?
    http://www.starkingdoms.com/round11-changes.txt
    if you want to see round 30 or another round then just change the round number
    http://www.starkingdoms.com/round30-changes.txt
    handy trick
  • They did it but they might have done it with 1 dp per pop though. Which is a hell of a lot different. Was OP I'm sure though, but if we're having a debate on most OP we should be better than 10% accuracy ;)

• But terra always had at least 10% to all bonuses no?

no
  • Considering how round changes can affect game play and overall strategy, terra seems to be able to adapt alot better in most circumstances...
  • Lets all take a minute to appreciate the mix of pts this round
  • Considering how round changes can affect game play and overall strategy, terra seems to be able to adapt alot better in most circumstances...
    overall strategy never changes, nomatter the bonus, there is only one strat worth playing in this game. You can probably make a statement for RR but it really is a pathetic way to have to compete with top players if thats what you have to do.
    overall strategy never changes, nomatter the bonus, there is only one strat worth playing in this game. You can probably make a statement for RR but it really is a pathetic way to have to compete with top players if thats what you have to do.
    You must be referring to all tanks oceanic. See, I'm pro top elite guy too
  • Example of consistency going back 3 rounds
    x=kt/multid or didn't play

Loki
    Murph
    2,1,x
    me
    1,x,1,x,1
    aces
    5,x,5
    requiem

someone please do the same over for s1. Point basically is that there's consistency at the top. A #5 player will typically be around there next round. #1, typically top 3.
    Point is: we already know who owns s2
  • The point is there there is continuity round to round. It indicates that there is some measure of skill that can be evidenced BY looking at end rank and scores.

On s1 that does not exist. That is the point. s1 skill has to be assessed at the start of the first war. After that rank doesn't mean all that much
  • edited February 2015
    Even a jones or lynog or someone better without playing a friend game or avoid-a-kt game or a rank-whore game, will be killed off and targetted quickly and thus the best players will not be shown at end ranks. So the end ranks or even mid-round. does not show who the good builders are on s1. Besides these ranks rely much more on luck: (avoiding kt and multis) and landing in a good sector/alliance.
  • luck = true. kt, multi and some lightning strikes counts