Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Most OP PT Ever?

Comments

• I think all the planets are playable given the right circumstances and player competence. Last time I played I vaguely recall a vi winning a round tho I smoked a lot I could be wrong
    A good player is always going to find ways to play that naturally rise to the top. Look at how often Persona would be rocking Oceanic top tens almost every round. VIs did used to be pretty good for stacking extra SMs/Res, because you don't NEED a lot of power for it, so it frees up buildings for PFs/SMs/Res/w/e your strat needs according to your activity levels.

Heck, I remember Guardia being a a Multi Terrain monster early every round. Of course, he'd usually be the first guy dead from war every round too, but eh.
  • MT had its day, still would be effective. DW stomps all over it though.

Basically it's DW short term TF long term. Any thing else is just you looking for a minor challenge. Mount and VI are still badass though
  • I play s2 more than s1, so the income is definitely more of an issue there.

But really. The main guys that make big DWs on s1 with great d are cheats
    my goal every round is not to be hit and i always get hit or kted! ahhahaha my great d does nothing. there was even a round where 4 terra ganged up on me...the first 2 failed to killed my units then they feasted.

• MT had its day, still would be effective. DW stomps all over it though.

Basically it's DW short term TF long term. Any thing else is just you looking for a minor challenge. Mount and VI are still badass though
    mountain was my favorite until terra and dw led to a huge imbalance.
  • Mount when you could play it powerless.
  • I'm back to volcanic, power shielding. I'm trying to experiment it, while screwing up my NW. and hitting some m & m while I can.
  • Terra form of course is still the best boy out there. Only exception is when you get over 50-100k land. then it's mounts time to shine. As this last s2 round showed.

DW can start well early though and does far better on s1 than s2.
  • s2 is a complete joke
  • sk is a complete joke
    fixed that for you
  • Well yes...but s2 is far more of a joke than s1
  • Misty if played right is beast. Of course I dont play it right, but with pps at 5-6% that give you 5-6% more sms/rax/res and mid-game it helps to even things out when you add in the extra land lead you should have if everything is done properly.
  • how is s2 more of a joke when s1 never had a decent moment without multi galore farm farming?
  • s2 has decent players and they compete with each other. s1 they only compete with multis
  • 5 people is not a competition!
  • so, am i suppose to bring my majestic noobifescence to s2?
  • No, even you are above s2.
  • I actually would view s1, in terms of kd vs. kd, to be more of a joke.
    S1 is about alliances, it has too many multis, wars, and other kt's to make building a #1 finish not depend heavily on luck or politics. S2 is not completely free of that, of course, but it tends to be significantly less that way.
  • I disagree completely.
  • I disagree completely.
    Your concisely put disagreement has persuaded me, I am completely in the wrong
  • Woohoo! I knew I'd win eventually. :P
  • I actually would view s1, in terms of kd vs. kd, to be more of a joke.
    S1 is about alliances, it has too many multis, wars, and other kt's to make building a #1 finish not depend heavily on luck or politics. S2 is not completely free of that, of course, but it tends to be significantly less that way.
    I agree completely. And we all know whose opinion matters more here.
  • edited February 2015
    Of course it is. s1 alliance you land in matters so much. Around the top there's, comparatively little luck in who ends up around the top over on s2.

Unless there's a big imbalance, the better players end around the top. Last 10 rounds, how many players that finished top 2-3 on s2 that couldn't reasonably be expected to finish top 5 on s1 in a good alliance if left alone by multis.

Invert that on s1. Most top 5's on s1's could not succeed on s2 like that. Why? top guys all get taken out.

Another way to look at it is consistency at the top. How many top 5s this round on s1 were top 5 the round before? 2,3 rounds before?
  • Example of consistency going back 3 rounds
    x=kt/multid or didn't play

Loki
    Murph
    2,1,x
    me
    1,x,1,x,1
    aces
    5,x,5
    requiem

someone please do the same over for s1. Point basically is that there's consistency at the top. A #5 player will typically be around there next round. #1, typically top 3.
  • #5 on S1 last two rounds. Didnt play any before that after Round 60. Played S2 r59. Made it to 6, went inactive cuz I was ALing S1, came back, got back into top 5 then ultimately suicided out of boredom.

And I get absolutely no cred as a builder because I'm not one. If I can do it, it really can't be that difficult. =/
  • How do you want to play this game? For score? For sector/alliance? For fun?

Play for score?: alliances[as in-game alliances] mean nothing, just the friends you know.

Ive played this game for long enough to know that some people can actually play for score better than the others, but really its rarely 100% legit.

Everybody can be a great builder if they put effort in to it... But thats just it...really, if you dont know the guys/gals around you, you wont do that great, you can break the math of the game but you wont get #1 spot because the community wont recognize you as #1 and will kill your kingdom. Ive seen that happen a few times, this community is like a bunch of hyenas...

But thats just me.
  • Sk is the joke, s2 is the punchline

Yet I still play for some reason
  • most OP pt ever was FW when defensive gave you 10d per pop? maybe less i cant rememeber, you could go defensive and send every bit of your D out and not get touched, after that its simply DW, nothing even comes close, only for the fact they get killed very early every round nothing would beable to come near DW.
  • The scoucers were good at DW. They were always killed for being too strong.