Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mafia: The Untouchables Town wins

Comments

• so...I guess this means the mafia will know who the seer is?
  • lol well that was a waste but whatever i can't make you believe me
  • edited November 2014
    "Hidden Abilities" if ness had one then mafia probably has them. And there's no way to know. I really disapprove of this. Not only is there no way to know if the mod is altering the game as we continue, but there's no way for us to react. If there are going to be "hidden" abilities the fact that "hidden" things exist needs to be announced at the start.

That being said regarding Loafery there are 3 possibilities:

He is seer
    He is Vanilla Town
    He is Mafia

If he is seer or Vanilla town, mafia will not know if he was lying or telling the truth about seer claim. From a Mafia perspective, during the day if a player claims seer, nobody else counter claims and then after the results of the day that player said it was only a fake claim, I'd be suspicious. I would kill him, primarily because there was no counter claim at all.

However he is still alive. So if he isn't mafia, the mafia just took a considerable risk by letting him live. He could after all be the actual seer trying to survive another day.

I think the more likely scenario though is that he's mafia. He fake claims seer yesterday, and at worst the real seer will counter-claim. He was already on the chopping block, so he had nothing to lose. After the day is over, he says he faked claimed.

I think either mafia took a gamble by letting a potential seer live, or he is mafia. I'm not sure I want to risk keeping him around.
  • I don't like how the 3 of you keep band wagoning together.
  • It was a last second change, I had blocked someone prior. Your innocence meant more to me than finding out if they were active.
    Mages it's wishful thinking believing everyone that you blocked are town when the block isn't a definite kill blocker. That there is a dangerous assumption.

• Loafery, I'm a mason, we all know this, me kenshin & kloudi. I validated SB, validated Tormented. I never had to lie to secure my own reprieve. If anyone has any reason to dislike something, it's us.

I dislike more you trying to cast bad light on us, learn to save yourself without drowning others or claiming messianic right.
    Or maybe I'm just paranoid because of this:
    The Chicago Sun-Times issues a follow up report on the city's corruption issues. it appears that personal information has leaked to the mafia about the Chicago Police Dept. It appears to be an inside job.
    What do you think that means???
  • Mages is confirmed town, and both myself and tormented have been blocked at night. If you're implication is that we're mafia that's pretty dumb considering the circumstances.
  • Mages is confirmed town, and both myself and tormented have been blocked at night. If you're implication is that we're mafia that's pretty dumb considering the circumstances.
    All that confirms is you and tormented arent seer. It doesn't confirm you 2 arent mafia. The block only has a probability to block a kill.

• shrug I imagine that Aza would put it in his story that the police chief attempted to block a kill and failed or succeeded instead of just he blocked, but nothing happened. I could be wrong on that though.
  • #tyrsis

he claimed seer and lived, clearly a bad guy in disguise!!
  • Mod note: both teams have one hidden ability
    Ness used the hidden ability for the good team, and the hidden ability for the bad team has been hinted at twice now.

And it wouldn't be a hidden ability if you knew about it beforehand
    Ness used the hidden ability for the good team, and the hidden ability for the bad team has been hinted at twice now.

Seems pretty obvious that their hidden ability is the spy in the police department. So I am guess the mafia know who the seer is now =/. At least we have a new untouchable. Question aza....is it for sure that the new untouchable was a town or is it possible it was a mafia who can kill twice now -_-

• edited November 2014
    Chief of Police: every day the town may elect a chief of police, who can block one player's action that night. if he blocks a mafia or untouchable, their kill chance is decreased by an amount equal to the remaining members against the total number of members (if there are 3 mafia, and you block one, mafia has a 2/3 chance of getting their kill)
    This isn't the first time I've explained this, but I guess people are ignoring it (tormented and SB specifically)... There is a 33% chance of SB's action getting blocked were he to be blocked night 2 and a 50% chance last night tomented was blocked were he to be mafia.

I will let you run this town Mages, but don't let this fact slip because confirming them could bite you in the ass later. They are statistically less likely to be mafia than anyone else, but they aren't 100%.

That said, #loafery can eat lead today.

Seems pretty obvious that their hidden ability is the spy in the police department. So I am guess the mafia know who the seer is now =/. At least we have a new untouchable. Question aza....is it for sure that the new untouchable was a town or is it possible it was a mafia who can kill twice now -_-

Who do you think the spy is in the police department?
  • DI you suggest kloudi or myself or kenshin is turned now? If I had to guess I'd say kenshin was bc in our group message last night he said he was having trouble keeping up with the game bc of the arguing. It seemed out of place. If one of us was traitor I will point at him.
    what do u mean by "turned" mages?
  • well it seems 1 of the three masons is bad now
  • Mages might be turned, and would explain why hes not being killed
  • This is why hidden abilities, particularly side changing abilities are fucking dumb. It takes a lot of skill out of reads, because you cannot account for what is impossible to predict
  • hmm why would he offer for someone else to be mayor? you would think he wouldn't say anything and keep mayor so mafia doesn't get blocked.
  • hmm why would he offer for someone else to be mayor? you would think he wouldn't say anything and keep mayor so mafia doesn't get blocked.
    There's no harm in making an offer, especially when its very unlikely we'd change who we're making mayor
  • the end had come, by a simple knock at the door. a small sigh was heard, the person knew that their end was about to be met, and that the mafia had come. opening the door, however, yielded a surprise. there stood Eliot Ness, face grim, eyes focused. "I need another deputy, welcome to the team"

on the other side of town, the mafia was not so polite, breaking into Unreliable's room and gunning him down before he even had a chance to get out of his chair.

Ness Activates his hidden ability, converting another player to the Untouchables
    Mages blocks
    Mafia kills Unreliable, Town

Day 3 has begun

if you follow the story, it seems that the person knew who eliot ness was when he opened the door. so maybe there are people who already know who ness is in the game.

so confused. lol
  • btw, i could be mafia and faking this performance...stupidity doesnt make someone town
    i dont understand this post. if you are town y would u try to convince the town you could possibly be mafia.

lol, i think stupidity does make someone town.
  • btw, i could be mafia and faking this performance...stupidity doesnt make someone town
    i dont understand this post. if you are town y would u try to convince the town you could possibly be mafia.

lol, i think stupidity does make someone town.
    Trying to live up to his name? lol
  • So...if I had to guess. I would say that the special abilities are the seer can, once per game, turn a random town into an untouchable. Likewise, al capone can, once per game, turn a random police department player into a snitch/bad guy/not sure how this will affect game play.
  • So...if I had to guess. I would say that the special abilities are the seer can, once per game, turn a random town into an untouchable. Likewise, al capone can, once per game, turn a random police department player into a snitch/bad guy/not sure how this will affect game play.
    Another interesting thing about this is if the scum can now trust the rest of their teammates. If one of them were converted, they would be revealed.
  • The turned mason should turn away from the dark side of the force and give up the mafia for execution. Save your poor soul!
  • The Chicago Sun-Times issues a follow up report on the city's corruption issues. it appears that personal information has leaked to the mafia about the Chicago Police Dept. It appears to be an inside job.
    well, it looks like he 'gave the mafia' the info about the other police, but they all revealed themselves... so did he end up giving them the list of policemen, which everyone already knows about.
  • The Chicago Sun-Times issues a follow up report on the city's corruption issues. it appears that personal information has leaked to the mafia about the Chicago Police Dept. It appears to be an inside job.
    well, it looks like he 'gave the mafia' the info about the other police, but they all revealed themselves... so did he end up giving them the list of policemen, which everyone already knows about.
    Maybe he just copied their night chat and sent it to the mafia. Which would include the members in the chat, along with whatever they said.
    Who were the 2 untouchables and when were they killed? Because I'm fairly certain we only lost 1 that I can remember, but I distinctly noticed that both were gone. Perhaps that would explain what happened.