Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bravely Default WW: An Alternate World - The warriors of light win and stuff

Comments

• I think btw if somebody else is Angès Oblige they need to speak up, because on the off chance cory is evil this could go really bad really fast.
  • edited July 2014
    I can't remember who said there were only a couple citizens left, but by my count there are still 6? I think there are 9 roles and 15 people left.

Also, yeah SB, if somebody wants to reveal and claim they used the water crystal today, be my guest.
  • Cory is obviously the good guy here and if anyone CC's him i'm going to lynch them tommorow instead of cory doesn't make sense for cory to know what happens down to the second
  • I really think sb is right with someone playing along. I'm seeing a lot of chatter from a couple of people but I don't want to point anyone out just yet.
  • I really think sb is right with someone playing along. I'm seeing a lot of chatter from a couple of people but I don't want to point anyone out just yet.
    Why not? What if you die during the night isn't it better if the thoughts are out their since we aren't having quiet nights?
  • At a ball game, on foul ball lane. I'll post at day.
  • It seems I missed alot. O.O reading everything to catch up
  • Braev was in a bit of a rage. Not only had he lost the support of his daughter, but the news of the Water Crystal's reawakening had reached the capital. Only one of four so far, but this goes against everything he stood for. He knew he and the duchy had to prevent the other three from being restored--and at all costs.

He took matters into his own hands that night. After assembling a small team of the sky knights, he made for the deserts surrounding Ancheim. It was to the north of the city that he spotted an airship claimed to have been stolen days prior: the Eschalot.

The ship was deserted on the top deck, giving Braev and his small company easy boarding access. The door to the cabin was locked, but the wooden barricade would not withstand the templar's might. With a powerful cleave, he swung and the door was in splinters. Darubian was napping inside, a small journal held over his chest. "You.. how did you.." pondered Braev as he looked at the man. "No, that's not possible. He'd have never made it here before I."

The commotion roused Darubian from his slumber, but he was not quick enough. Excalibur came crashing down upon him, the blade finding his heart. And like that, Darubian, aka Ringabel had been slain.

"Warriors of light.. this is the fate that will befall all who oppose the duchy's ideals" mused Braev as he prepared to head home.

At the Starkfort, Qada was still hard at work. He had made quite the delightful elixir the night before, but tonight would bring even more exciting results. "Let's see them stop me now!" he proclaimed, taking a quaff from his latest creation. While there was no physical reaction to his imbibing, something was certainly different. He seemed more.. powerful? Or at least, potentially. Only he would know for sure.

As the morning began, the king Corynewb rose from a rather light sleep. Assassinations had been becoming rather common, and even the royal guard seemed to be ineffective in dealing with the city's threats. As Corynewb headed for breakfast, however, something seemed to be stirring in the shadows. Had the palace been infiltrated yet again? Corynewb turned to caution and edged backwards, but this movement had already been predicted. Konoe Kikyo leapt from the shadows with her blade drawn in a lightning fast maneuver! Corynewb knew the end was coming, and waited with closed eyes.. and heard a loud *clang* as Tiz Arrior's shield deflected the blow just in time! Konoe, seeing that she was now outnumbered, reevaluated her chances at a fight and began to withdraw. Without a word, she leapt to a nearby open window and was gone before chase could be given.. but at least the King has survived this night.

(tl;dr -
    -Braev Lee kills Darubian(Ringabel)
    -Edea holds a meeting, but does not find the swordmaster
    -Tiz protects CoryNewb
    -Qada brews another fantastic potion. No, it isn't kool-aid.
    -Kamiizumi uses a bushido technique but is not acted upon
    -Ringabel sees.. but he's le dead now
    -Konoe Kikyo's kill is blocked by Tiz)

As the new day began, Eretus Profiteur confiscated the Time Mage asterisk back from Corynewb, and informed the city that it was once again time to elect the day's king. Was Corynoob a good king? The citizens gathered and discussed who would be the chosen one to rule this day, and who.. was guilty of attempted murder.
  • good job to whoever tiz is

cory for mayor, Damdred for lynch

you cant tell now, but the time stamps for phantom and damdred voting for kloudi to tie up the votes was 4 minutes, on top of that he tried to start a lynch on Cory with no evidence what so ever. he just feels very scum to me, the way he's giving away reads, like he was trying to force the block on cory so it would free up the kill on Daru
  • aza are you talking about day 1 as far as Kloudi/Damdred goes? because I don't see any of what you are talking about on the day 2 vote (phantom didn't even say a word.)

Damdred I think at least is trying to solve the game. He's getting out there making some reads and asking other people to give reads. I'll have to look it over again, but I think it's a case of townies hunting other townies while the scum stay silent. I mean cory made a big misplay on Rohan, but I'm still 99% sure Cory is good. As town we have to think rationally. We have a confirmed town and we need to build off of that.

I'll read it over again, but as of right now I think Damdred isn't likely to be scum, because he's one of the most active in the thread. I still think tmonsta is highly suspicious for being inactive, and we should start there

Cory for mayor, tmonsta for lynch.

• damdred is never not active, using that as a barometer for his likelihood to be evil is exactly the kind of mistake you should not be making. those kinds of reads work for a few players, but daru, damdred, cory and mages will all play in your face regardless of what side they are on.

if i'm wrong, lynch me next, but i'm solid as can be on this read, he's evil
  • Cory forking, tmonsta for lunch
  • Cory for king

It goes without saying that I made my day 2 decision not to lynch Rohan, but to save myself and my partner.

That said, damred did just on the wagon of a townie.

Tmonsta has been inactive all over the pfs, so it may be a waste to lynch him too. Not sure.

Let's discuss a little more of our options and see who we have to pick from. Who hasn't posted at all yet?
  • i really dont like unreliable jumping on Tmonsta for nothing, and i dont like SB going for quiet players just because they are quiet, but that is normal behavior for both of them, so in and of itself that is not really giving me a bad vibe.

i stand by my call on damdred though, and i'm asking everyone to trust me this one time. my reads on these kinds of actions have been right in the past and i have not followed through on them because i felt that other people were better at this than i was. in the end i was right and realized that i need to be more forceful in my reads. i'm standing firm, given the information that i've collected. damdred is evil.
  • Cory For King, pondering lynch

Hmm Aza you being quite forceful out there, don't know whether to believe or not...
  • Arson/Loafery/Flazer/Bosco all with 1 or less post i believe.
  • sorry i slept and went night on other one, in a game of hop scotch with myself
  • what do you lose if i'm wrong? we have confirmed cory is good, and knows who his teammate is, so if he is not coming out defending damdred hard then worse case scenario, i feel, is that he's a villager and that lynching him would just prove that i'm bad or stupid.
  • edited July 2014
    Right now I either see a band of bad guys playing their cards, or some villagers trying to figure it out. I think dared/unreliable/SB would be stupid to go to bat for each other if they are in fact bad.

Edea, I would carefully read over the last day and a half and choose to meet with somebody who you think might be Agnes so you can work from a united front.
  • 1 vote for stupid

and lets lynch the quiet ones cos you know it s boring with cannon fodder

amirite

cory king lynch kloudi
  • edited July 2014
    Loafery must not being paying close attention and is in need of changing his lynch vote.
  • quiet? she's voted and participated!

seriously, you guys end up lynching 2-3 good guys a game for this "oh they are being quiet" nonsense. i'm not saying she's good, but stop hurting the good side every game just because you dont agree with the play style. its counter productive.
  • Now I'm thinking loaf might be bad. If we have 2-3 bad guys voting here but trying to throw us off with voting for different people.
  • Sorry life comes first and I was working though I did post before I went to work... O.o

Cory obviously is trying to help the good guys so there is my king vote but as for lynch I am not sure just yet. I will read over the messages thus far and see if I get anything out of them that i didn't the first time.

Cory for King, Lynch Pending
  • Aza I will have your back on damred lynch unless he can convince me otherwise.
  • edited July 2014
    I would still like to look over the options before I jump on the lynch bandwagon. In the past I know I have made some bad judgment calls and would like to avoid that.
  • Just woke up so I thankfully am here to post.

Ok Az, my vote came out probably around 10 pm my time that is. I didn't have an updated on votes and nobody else changed their vote or tried to convince everyone that a tie was going to take place at all. To draw a conclusion that i'm evil from that is interesting to say the least.

Now the case on Cory, It is very easy to see what was going on I felt that Cory was trying to start a wagon on me by pointing out that I had tied votes. And look Az has jumped on the wagon pretty hard here even though it was yesterday. Cause tying votes on day one is a good indication of being evil by accident or not, nobody was up for lynch so no harm their. Also Cory wouldn't interact with me or tell me what was going on there are such things as pressure votes to look at peoples ideas and thoughts.

And SB does have a tendency to go after quiet players....but Dole isn't quiet? He usually is spamming the thread by this point with whatever he wants to post so i'm going to agree that it is odd.
  • When I'm evil, I like to see mod killed non-voters and quiet people killed off because that means I'm not getting killed off. I can appreciate people who are participating in the game...but don't want to kill off people because they only posted 1 time so far.
  • I don't want to kill of quiet people unless we really have to. Im pretty sure Az is a townie at this point hes trying to push his reads not being hesitant even though hes wrong ^_-. His day one thing about cory was a joke at this point I think. So i'm putting him in my town category.

But Cory what about Dole isn't it weird for him to be lurking so heavily?
  • edited July 2014
    His last PF post was 4 days ago. Unless we want to think that he is willing to go days without responding just because of a ww role, I am going to chalk it up to coincidence. I can't confirm that he is good, but I can't damn him either.