Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Hockey Thread (ey?)

Comments

• oooh free agency is getting fun, didn't want michalek back but hey i have Chiasson now so that's cool :D
  • Boyoooo

Hiller to Calgary

Vanek is making less than stasny....jeeeez
  • are you a flames or red wings fan? i can't remember
  • I'm from metro detroit
  • cool beans

miller to vancouver and hiller to flames are solid signings and dallas are going far next year. florida = sleeper pick for playoff spot
  • Florida did this 2 or 3 years ago....we will see
  • tbh LU puts them over the top, that's what they lacked imo
  • They have a shot. JovoCop is gone

Richards to chi, should be a great fit at 2mil

Will get overpaid again next year
  • i demand you make a meme with the kermit sipping on tea one for SK
  • What do you get when you cross a great fan base and ownership that doesn't give a rats ass abiut them? You get the oilers
  • i'd have said leafs but yeah lol
  • You get half of the teams in america

Tax write offs amiriteguis
  • What do you get when you cross a great fan base and ownership that doesn't give a rats ass abiut them? You get the oilers

HEY FU --- nah you're right. This city is unforgiving of stupidity. I bow to MacTs wisdom though, he has made some fucking excellent moves since taking over.

Since the cap raise and in regards to current contracts... 6mil for Hall/Nuge/Ebs is looking like a stroke of genius. Grabbing Scrivens, Perron, Schultz, fuck the list goes on.

On the flipside, we get a new arena and a couple billion put into new infrastructure surrounding Edmonton's downtown core... bout time. This city will actually have some class for a change.

HEY FU --- nah you're right. This city is unforgiving of stupidity. I bow to MacTs wisdom though, he has made some fucking excellent moves since taking over.

Since the cap raise and in regards to current contracts... 6mil for Hall/Nuge/Ebs is looking like a stroke of genius. Grabbing Scrivens, Perron, Schultz, fuck the list goes on.

On the flipside, we get a new arena and a couple billion put into new infrastructure surrounding Edmonton's downtown core... bout time. This city will actually have some class for a change.
    yeah up until now it was filled with crackheads and whores :P
  • Boston has 9 D signed for next season, are 200k over the cap, and have to sign smith and krug

discuss

(I hope the wings target SOMEBODY)
  • Kevin the next time you try to say that miller is a good idea for vancouver go run into a wall and punch yourself in the dick
  • Kevin the next time you try to say that miller is a good idea for vancouver go run into a wall and punch yourself in the dick
  • so you'd rather go with unproven Lack then? unless you plan to stay in playoff limbo forever
  • Remember when we had a goalie with better stats then miller and for less money a year?Then we finally got rid of goalie bullshit and we started new ones with lack? Then we got rid of our expensive goalie to go with a goalie who again has better stats then miller? THHHHHEN we sign a goalie for 6 million...... thats just perfect, well done Vancouver.
  • well blame gillis for that lol he made a total mess of the canucks but i just don't think lack is ready to carry a team yet, miller's done it in buffalo his whole career so i have faith he'll do something good in vancouver
  • Gillis is a shitshow
  • edited July 2014
    Somewhat related:
    Canada is a laid back place which is probably a positive thing. There's positiveness to not taking basketball and being so intense and not being so bottom-line driven as we are here in America.

"Andrew Wiggins is from Canada - and Canadian athletes, I think, among NBA players and NBA people, perhaps don't want it as much as even some of the Europeans, and certainly the American players," Whitlock added.
    Can't tell if he believes what he's saying or just trying to be sensational.
  • I like the new assistant gm in toronto
  • Somewhat related:
    Canada is a laid back place which is probably a positive thing. There's positiveness to not taking basketball and being so intense and not being so bottom-line driven as we are here in America.

"Andrew Wiggins is from Canada - and Canadian athletes, I think, among NBA players and NBA people, perhaps don't want it as much as even some of the Europeans, and certainly the American players," Whitlock added.
    Can't tell if he believes what he's saying or just trying to be sensational.
    What....i don't understand
  • Jason Whitlock is some american schmuck who believes Canadian athletes, mostly NBA players, don't have any drive.

Totally accurate. Nash is one of the laziest players ever.
  • Hmmm.... Anthony Bennett... hmmm.
  • sounds like the american Don Cherry to me lol
  • I figured they would give him 5-6 at 8-8.5, his agent got him 8 at 9, nice!
  • pretty funny lool
  • Basketball fucking sucks