Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Really?

edited August 2012 in General
So I was looking for this tool vindicator had where you paste a first copy of sector and then paste it again a couple of hours later and it shows you the differences. I usually do it with excel but its malfunctioning on me right now. And then I ran across the "Starkingdoms Tools" site.

Wtf? Really? Now I feel like a complete idiot for spending an hour yesterday mousing over every inactive in gal 1 and arranging them by their id to track who would come out first. No wonder then that the two i found and hit 30 seconds after tick have already been owned 5-6 times.

I know one or the other scanner popped up back in the day too but even the one xLTx had in my time required you to input copies of sectors manually for which you got points that you could use on a certain amount of searches. I am sure certain people even had full automated scanners but an admission of using one was likely to mean your death. If there was any scanner, they would usually be in a small group of people and the game at least wouldn't be affected to the point that every inactives goes down to 100 land in 30 seconds.

Whoever made this and runs this, way to take the strategy out of the game. Even a player who chooses to do it manually has no chance as almost every inactive and bank is just gobbled up by the sheer size of people who can now be "pro-kingdom builders" through scanner use.

On the bright side, at least the imbecile running this doesn't have s2 and FBSK on it so there is a place to at least play semi fairly somewhere.

Comments

• I really like this quote:
    "This website is dedicated to the SK community, providing them with the tools and information so that everyone is competing on the same level."

Except you destroyed any remaining level of strategy in the game. A private scanner in the hands of a few people rarely affects anything in the game. There is still good targets one can find manually, still good banks one can arrive through excel, etc eta because the amount of people who were using those scanners was usually 20-30 max. And all of them would be dead before round ended through some war.

No wonder the server is a giant turtle fest, why would you take any risk ever if half of the game will be notified of your land increase an hour later.
  • edited August 2012
    It's not a scanner and it's not automated. The information is updated by page views of users using the extension for firefox. Even then it's not 100% accurate, especially without the page views. The man you wish to talk to is @Bean Land. Just my 2 cents.
  • These tools have been ridiculous for quite awhile now.
  • August 24, 01:00:00 Our brave kingdom Uncle Freehills (1:10) attacked GeeAtherton (1:10) and conquered 30 planets.
    August 24, 01:00:00 Our kingdom GeeAtherton (1:10) bravely defended against Ty Lee (1:13) and lost 21 planets.
    August 24, 01:00:00 Our kingdom GeeAtherton (1:10) has entered trouble mode. Aid will be accepted for 12 hours
    August 24, 01:00:00 Our kingdom GeeAtherton (1:10) bravely defended against Ty Lee (1:13) and lost 15 planets.
    August 24, 01:00:01 Our kingdom GeeAtherton (1:10) bravely defended against ZxBiohazardZx (1:1) and lost 11 planets.
    August 24, 01:00:01 Our kingdom GeeAtherton (1:10) bravely defended against Dr Alan Grant (2:5) and lost 11 planets.
    August 24, 01:00:01 Our kingdom GeeAtherton (1:10) bravely defended against Barren Lands (1:20) and lost 10 planets.
    August 24, 01:00:24 Our brave kingdom Neuroshima (1:10) attacked GeeAtherton (1:10) and conquered 20 planets.
    August 24, 01:00:32 Our brave kingdom Neuroshima (1:10) attacked GeeAtherton (1:10) and conquered 20 planets.
    August 24, 01:00:36 Our brave kingdom Neuroshima (1:10) attacked GeeAtherton (1:10) and conquered 20 planets.
    August 24, 01:00:40 Our brave kingdom Neuroshima (1:10) attacked GeeAtherton (1:10) and conquered 20 planets.
    August 24, 01:00:53 Our kingdom GeeAtherton (1:10) bravely defended against UsainBolt (1:4) and lost 10 planets.
    August 24, 01:00:56 Our kingdom GeeAtherton (1:10) bravely defended against Pizza (1:19) and lost 10 planets.
    August 24, 01:00:59 Our kingdom GeeAtherton (1:10) bravely defended against Pizza (1:19) and lost 10 planets.
    August 24, 01:01:03 Our kingdom GeeAtherton (1:10) bravely defended against Pizza (1:19) and lost 10 planets.
    August 24, 01:01:06 Our kingdom GeeAtherton (1:10) bravely defended against Pizza (1:19) and lost 10 planets.
    August 24, 01:01:09 Our kingdom GeeAtherton (1:10) bravely defended against Richard1Carson2 (1:11) and lost 10 planets.
    August 24, 01:01:17 Our kingdom GeeAtherton (1:10) bravely defended against Richard1Carson2 (1:11) and was victorious.
    August 24, 01:01:21 Our kingdom GeeAtherton (1:10) bravely defended against Richard1Carson2 (1:11) and lost 10 planets.

There are no decent players left.
  • Exactly what I am talking about. That's not the worst part though. I made a hit today and for 40 minutes ... no news. As soon as tick happened, I get probed 1 min later. No wonder almost no one is making hits on the server and people think you need over 3 tanks per land by this point of the game. Anyone who makes even a little bit of a risky hits gets raped because the whole server is notified of it.
  • even without the tool ppl will just be tracking the id's and the same thing happens.. Universe is too small, playerbase is too small, everyone actious.. same shit different round.

Explore FTW
  • That's why war's the best.

Explore/Turtling = lame round
    Anti-turtle = death sentence
    Calculated grabs = who's got the most time to be a nerd
    War = IT'S GAME TIME, NUKKAS

• tickraping is the only way not to get raped back by anti-turtles atm
  • @MindRNA: i think the Sktools do level the playfield, without it only a handfull of fags who run scanners would get the insane tickhits, hitting on :00:00 still is a pain, i tried and i got beaten, the game is tough, and inactive tracking is really easy, the scanner still requires every sector to be viewed at least 1x each hour for reliable times, and personally i prefer my own written web-script parser over that thing for mine also gives the diffs each tick for everyone, thus listing the open/suicider/wtfgainers

• The only playfield this scanner is leveling is between good players and bad players.
  • Mind i heared alot of good things about you from maka and qwj but i must say you are a tard. ontop of that your a shit player, retire again for ten more years please. thanks

love lynog xxx
  • edited August 2012
    Lynog, fuck off. Don't talk like that to Mind.

He's done more for this game than a cheating sack of shit like you could ever hope to do.
  • Sky, I am guessing you are the one building all the Cheater killer kingdoms? Personally I don't think its the way to go but if you are going to do it make sure you get Lynog's real kingdom because 1:3 has pretty much been abandoned: they transferred SL to another guy, almost no log on's and a ton of cash so don't waste your time with that sector.
  • i laugh at shit players who know nothing :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) < this is me at you mind :-))

what a SHIT player you really are
  • edited August 2012
    Lynog deleted because of the DW multi's, i followed and deleted because i couldnt even be arsed playing anyway and was only logging because i grouped with them. Then im sure Qwj followed shortly later.

Enjoy your round noobs now you all have no reason to worry about being raped :D

P.s we are all big bad cheaters, so you better keep looking hard for our others Kds - never give up the search were out there somewhere :-))
  • What a shocker, another post by Lynog full of vulgarity and insults that contributes nothing to the topic!!!

And I most certainly plan to leave this server after this round, maybe even before that. I'd rather play on a much smaller server that hasn't gone completely batsh|t retarded.
  • oh my its this thread again

see: https://www.starkingdoms.com/community/discussion/174/would-u-consider-this-suspiciouss/p1

and

https://www.starkingdoms.com/community/discussion/294/game-created-250-land-kingdoms

the only difference is you've automatically assumed people are using his newbie tracking tool and your argument fails because you claim this is the reason you didnt get the first hit

his website doesnt automatically hit for you so that cant be true at all

lol that stating checking ids = skill haha. they having nothing in common its just simply too many people looking for newbie mode hits
  • I don't care about inactive hits. Those will be done in a day or two anyways. I don't even care if someone made some multies and farmed some land, hell, back in the day I've done it myself. And it doesn't matter if a few players have a bot or a scanner. Those things rarely affect the entirety of the round.

What is relevant is that a public scanner seriously diminishes the game in a strategic sense. Building a good kingdom is comprised off right buildings/unit setup (the easy part) + being able to find good hits and banks + evaluating the risk of sending more vs leaving more at home. Those are the core parts + putting enough time and effort. This public scanner seriously affects the last three as:
    a) You have simplified finding banks and grabs to a monkey level
    b) You have made it impossible for players to take risky grabs as it will be instantly known by all
    c) You have cut down the time and effort requirement to a minimum

After you take those three away, there is very little skill left in building a kingdom.
  • edited August 2012
    Mind scanners have always been around, stop complaining. There used to be one on the Mafia website.

So really what you are moaning about is that everyone has one instead of only you and your friends?

Its an even playing field if everyone has one, so it doesnt really matter. If you noob up your gonna get rolled. Playing high probes now is probably harder than its ever been, because banks are poor and if they are good theyre raped down quick because everyone is onto them + Smaller player base.

• ontop of all that your just a shit player
  • pospos
    edited August 2012
    some of those points id disagree with yet others are true

a - false as the automatic bank finder on beans website is shit. you'd need to study the networth changes which isn't as clear cut as it sounds
    b - true although in a game this small any hit ingame that seems out of place will be noticed
    c - true although this isnt the old days and im sure people dont have as much time to spend on a text base game. after all time is priceless?

in the end these tools are out there in the public and there is nothing the player base can do to stop them. would you prefer they are exclusive to chosen players?

before you argue about killing the multis -> its been done and usually results in them coming back to kill you or simply being remade and scanning throughout newbie mode. as well as that killing multis results in a very boring round.
  • The political side of the game has equally diminished. We went from alliance leaders that wanted to build a good alliance long term to a more of "oh okey, i guess we need an alliance so fine, I'll do it" kind of attitude.

That being said, I have only been playing s1 for a few days so I maybe wrong.
  • I am pretty sure that History button is quite clear cut. As for a scanner on a Mafia website, you are smoking crack, certainly wasn't around when I played. Alright, I am not going to argue further, just going to continue playing and see how the round progresses. I was just somewhat shocked to see this out in the open.
  • your so full of shit its unreal, maka used to share your scanner with me. Fact is your a whiney little bitch who is pretty shit at building a KD. Get on with the round and stop being such a pussy. Nobody gives a shit about your crying
  • Holy fuck shut up already, SK is a pool of cheating, tickhitting, tards and many other fun names.
    We all agree, so why the QQ?

I stopped reading your argument when you implied its better for top players to have access to a scanner than all players.
  • Damn lynog, you really are flying off the handle over this one.
  • lol why are ppl making such a big fuss over inact hits?
    personally, I hate the tick raping for inactive land. there is a severe lack of inacts after the first few days (this is even more apparent on s2)
    but who says you can't compete if you don't hit inactives? My kd was top 15 land yesterday and so far, I have only made 2 hits on inacts during the first day. I got hit once on the first day as well by someone who doesn’t give a shit and got multiraped. It’s not impossible to grow without hitting inacts. You just have to make the right hits on the right actives lol
  • edited August 2012
    Sky, I am guessing you are the one building all the Cheater killer kingdoms? Personally I don't think its the way to go but if you are going to do it make sure you get Lynog's real kingdom because 1:3 has pretty much been abandoned: they transferred SL to another guy, almost no log on's and a ton of cash so don't waste your time with that sector.
    I suicided my main kingdom on Lynog. What's funny is that I sent everything, but didn't need to considering he had rubbish defense. He even got tapped once a few hours out of noob mode. Hardly the mark of a good player. I'm on the lookout for their other kingdoms anyway. Shouldn't be hard to find because they play like amateurs. :)
    Lynog deleted because of the DW multi's, i followed and deleted because i couldnt even be arsed playing anyway and was only logging because i grouped with them. Then im sure Qwj followed shortly later.
    I think the real reason is that you guys were caught cheating and hoping that, if you delete now, no-one will remember by the time the next round starts.
    What a shocker, another post by Lynog full of vulgarity and insults that contributes nothing to the topic!!!
    Once most of the more important players have left, retards like Lynog have a voice. And wow, do they make sure you understand that, lol. :-))
  • I don't use scanners or SK tools.