Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tebow to New York

edited March 2012 in General
NOOOO!!!! why Tebow? Why would you choose that horrible team over your home town team? Sure the Jaguars suck really bad but you went to the Jets. Why? Enjoy loud mouth Rex Ryan, being a back up to a HORRIBLE qb in Sanchez, and having a horrible fan base. Your going to the Lions Den in New York with your Christian beliefs. I wish you well but you should have gone to Jacksonville.

Comments

• Who gives.

A crap.
  • Some people actually care about real football...American football...not that shitty sport (known as soccer) where they get flicked in the pinky, lay on the ground crying for 20 minutes, get carted off on a stretcher, then come running back onto the field as if they're fine.

You can't get much worse than Sanchez. I don't believe that Tebow is all that great of a QB but I'd be willing to bet that he'll do better than Sanchez.

I'm also shocked that Manning went to the Broncos instead of the 49ers. The 49ers would have given him the best shot at winning a Super Bowl.
  • the broncos give him the best shot at getting into the playoffs.
  • He's not officially traded to the Jets yet, the Jaguars still have a shot, however, he should DEFINITELY go to the Jaguars because the Jets are a wreck. Also, Cam, STFU!
  • No it's Official now. The snag in the contract allowed the Jags to sneak in the convo. So the Broncos gave him a choice and he picked the Jets. Why? Gabbert was worse than Sanchez last year so Tebow could have practically taken the football away from Gabbert and force him on the bench. This makes no sense!
  • Ah, didn't know that, then he's stupid. There is NO reason to pick the Jets over the Jaguars if you are Tim Tebow.
  • the Jets probably offered more money
  • It's 2 million per year, and the Jets are way closer to the Salary Cap than the Jags. The Jags would be FAR more likely to reward him with a new contract.
  • so many explitives!!!!!!@#!@#!@#!! FUCK!~

Tebow is garbage. Tebow already had enough media buzz last season. Now he will be in NYC with the NYC MEDIA! Perfect time to leave America. Fuck you Tebow!
  • how's your football knowledge Trev?
  • good enough to hate tebow.
  • So you don't have a problem with him Trev, just his fans. Gotcha.
  • good enough to hate tebow.
    I meant the other football, for europe
  • You meant soccer then, association football.
  • no, I mean the game where you actually kick the ball with your foot. football :p. the sport that is older than american football and not a variation of rugby.
  • You mean soccer, of which I am a fan. Gridiron football is the topic at hand, as such any mentioning of simply football will be taken as Gridiron football. That is all, have a nice day.
  • edited March 2012
    Some people actually care about real football...American football...not that shitty sport (known as soccer) where they get flicked in the pinky, lay on the ground crying for 20 minutes, get carted off on a stretcher, then come running back onto the field as if they're fine.
    I prefer Football(Yes, football, not soccer. We invented it) to NFL - but THIS made me laugh. How much padding do those NFL pansies wear? Footballers wear shin pads as padding - and that's it.

ONTOPIC: I did hear some guys from "Rant n Rave" (?) going on about this on SkySportsNews and they seemed mighty shocked - but that white guy in the glasses seems shocked at every word that comes out of his mouth
  • Jicky, also STFU. Association Footballers also don't promote collisions, douche.
  • With out proper guidance for Tebow you are looking at some rough years until he actually learns to throw a football. If the bronco's were smart they would have signed Manning for a 2 or 3 year deal and held on to Tebow.

Anyone remember Steve Young? He was complete garbage until he was benched and was forced to learn from Montana.

Tebow CAN be good someday. Till that day, he is a backup at best, that is being thrown into a starters role.
  • I would say Football/soccer is a lot more demanding fitness wise. American Football is so stop start. WTF is that about?! One of the major things that puts me off watching it. But yeah, you definitely get more girls who like to roll around on the floor playing football. Rugby is the real mans game ;)
  • Correction, Tebow is coming to New Jersey to play for the NY JETS.
  • Some people actually care about real football...American football...not that shitty sport (known as soccer) where they get flicked in the pinky, lay on the ground crying for 20 minutes, get carted off on a stretcher, then come running back onto the field as if they're fine.

You can't get much worse than Sanchez. I don't believe that Tebow is all that great of a QB but I'd be willing to bet that he'll do better than Sanchez.

I'm also shocked that Manning went to the Broncos instead of the 49ers. The 49ers would have given him the best shot at winning a Super Bowl.
    Stereotypical yank.
  • no, I mean the game where you actually kick the ball with your foot. football :p. the sport that is older than american football and not a variation of rugby.
    You piece of shit! Don't call American Football a god damn variation of Rugby. Rugby has nothing to do with that stupid garbage game.
    You piece of shit! Don't call American Football a god damn variation of Rugby. Rugby has nothing to do with that stupid garbage game.
    well, sorry but history says rugby has something to do with it. americans apparently didn't get the rules so they made a "new" game and called it football
  • i like dodgeball
  • Even on a fast scroll I saw some NFL hatin goin on. Whatever mother fuckers.

As a Jets fan I'm very happy with this. NOT cause it's Tebowmania and will sell seats. NOT cause he'll "fix" the lockerroom or whatever. But because he'll do well as the league's second H-Back (Chris Cooley being the first), he'll do well with Sparano's Wildcat, and he's a good back-up.

While Sanchez sucked major dick this season, don't forget that Eli sucked major dick his third season too. And he didn't have two Conference appearences prior to said shitty season. The Jets QBs now have more combined playoff experience with less time in the league than anyone else (I think. Who's backing up Andy Dalton?)
  • The main reason that I don't like the Jets is Rex Ryan. He is pretty much the biggest tool in the NFL. I love watching Tom Brady and the Pats thoroughly kick the crap out of the S-H-I-T Jets Jets Jets over and over every season. I hope that Sanchez stays as the QB because he's clearly the main reason that they suck. I don't thin that Tebow will come in and do much other than bring even more media attention to them. While it'll be annoying as hell to hear about the Jets for awhile, but after sucking for a few weeks, the only thing that we'll hear about is Tom Brady's domination over them once again.
  • I'd love to hate your team back but i can't. The only exciting part is cam newton and steve smith. I can't name anyone on your D besides beason. It's a miracle i know ron rivera is your coach. You have three good (not great) runningbacks. You play in a boring division. Congrats, you're mediocre AND ignorable.
  • Boring division? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL! Idiot. Anyway, I don't like it because Tim Tebow will not be a H Back he thinks he is a QB and as soon as Sanchez throws a pick the first preseason game the entire city will be yelling for Tebow to save them, THAT is why it's a disastrous move.
  • edited March 2012
    In the ground and pound offense that the whole jets organization is returning to, sanchez will manage ala alex smith. Tim tebow will get 8 sanps a game, half at catback and half as h-back. This trade almost didn't happen over 2.6 million dollars i doubt the jets grand plan involves tebow at the helm.

As for your division: drew brees is technically not in it. Neither is is former head coach nor the gm that he was negotiating with. I suppose that's exciting for THE REST OF THE DIVISION. The bucs are worse than the bills and phins combined. The best team in your division marches a drive as fast as the chain gang can walk down the field (ok-still way faster than the jets). The panthers are still young overall but what happens when steve smith finally loses a step? Will they be young and explosive or young and the tampa bay buccs.

CORRECTION: drew brees is looking for a contract extension, not a club option contract negotiation. He's still there, at least for this year.