Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Identity theft: I am not playing this round

edited November 2016 in General
Just to let you all know, that whoever the wannabe is that is wearing my avatar, it is not me. I haven't played SK in many rounds. I am playing solely on EA.

As a contribution to the SK community, I'll even add the following:

Notice: it's an EA strat, the start wouldn't work the same in SK, everything else is golden.

Just thought I might as well write this out.

It's my second round recently with a top DW, and last round I started working on this strat, noticed where it messed up, and hopefully this round my DW empire will shine even more.

The strat is very simple.

Due to the way things are, you need an RWCE start or you'll fall behind fast. So that's 1300-1400 sci off the bat.
That will be enough to get LDs in the first 36-60h.

When exiting newb, your priorities are probes and res. Don't build any more TCs, they suck on DW.

that's it. Push to about 20% PFs so you can quickly get yourself a high probe count.

You want about 20/20/20 res/sm/pf. Res or SM can go up to 25%

Build SMs when you are makiing goons (so u have enough income for when you start making LDs)
Build Res when you are making LDs (so you have enough sols when you are making goons)

A good offense is the best defense.
That is true for DW because you can make offense at over 200% the speed you make defense. So if #1 can nearly break you but can nearly be broken by you, bet on offense.

extra:
DW loses out late game. If the round get to 6-8 weeks, it might be worth it to get TFs because of TC discount, longevity and population needs.

8x probes your land is a great probe defense. You can save yourself from putting up probe shields

------------

ight, so i still stand by that you should go for high probes and ignore TCs at the start on DW.

Not having TCs however turns into a massive disadvantage later, when your LDs, tanks and Sci are costing you 30% more than they are costing everyone else.

I found myself in a tight spot and so had to do some more thinking.

TCs are fine while you are making LDs, if you have decent pop, which you should have.

However, it is economically not viable to have enough pop on DW to make goons worthwhile with TCs.

In order to make goons worthwhile for TCs, you need to save up soldiers.

eg atm I'm making around 500 sols / tick, however for 10% TCs, I'd need to be training over 700 goons / tick to make TCs worth it.

So you've got 3 ways of saving soldiers:
0. Max Soldiers always

1. Make LDs at TC cost effectiveness (where your TCs are paying for themselves but not more.) For me atm this is 300 LDs, so saving me 200 sols/tick
2. Make Sci at TC cost effectiveness. Atm, 168 sci / tick, saving me 332 sols / tick
3. Make tanks at TC cost effectiveness. Atm, 96 / tick, saving me 404 sols / tick

Only train goons when you have enough sols to make it cost effective.

I've published a spreadsheet that will tell you what cost effective units/hour are at.

So if you want to goon rush with TCs, my advice is make tanks so you can train goons every 2h hours.

This will make DW as economically viable as other PTs, which is where I was finding it short-stacked.

Another strong point for DW, at least early-mid game, is that since you dont need to worry about Fighters/TFs, you can easily have a lot of spare sci, enabling you to keep power research maxed, which is a decent 5% land advantage, when others have already dropped it.
[/quote]

Comments