Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thoughts on this?

edited November 2014 in General

Did that did not work it's the Star wars episode 7 trailer that was released today.

Uhhhhhhhhhhh it looks awesome!

Comments

• Only time I'll ignore walls derail attempts becAuse I'm actually pumped for Star Wars :D

I like the fancy cross guard one dude has on his light sabre, talk about learning some fancy tricks.
  • I love Star Wars
  • If you go around the internet, there are a number of people who hate the cross-guard for varying reasons. They can go fuck themselves.
  • The cross guard looks really stinking cool, but if it plays a role in any fight it will simply be for the cool factor and not the practicalness of it. Can't wait for the new movie!
  • the logic behind the cross guard makes no sense.
    normally it's there so people can't just turn the blade and slash your hand
    but I don't think that's how it works with lightsabers, because when they fight they supposedly don't fight with normal thoughts/reflexes but channel 'the force' and predict the movement, so ....

but what do i know, anakin lost his hand, and so did luke, so maybe that could have helped, herp derp.
  • I'll wait until it comes out before I judge its usefulness, I saw one article where a master bladesmith says it's useless. Please tell me more about your expertise in all things force related hahaha

I'm just in it for the pewpewpew and lightsabrr sounds
  • Got a VCR from grandma's house. Watching the Star Wars Triology again...
  • Lol great comments I was nervous, first thread I ever made :) no flamming wow. Yeah I don't see the usefulness of it but I don't care looked sick. and that Sith inquisitor looks like Lord Revan kinda mask
  • Just had to look the epic fight where obi-wan teaches anakin to not be a douche. Didnt work out that great tho....
  • Lol great comments I was nervous, first thread I ever made :) no flamming wow. Yeah I don't see the usefulness of it but I don't care looked sick. and that Sith inquisitor looks like Lord Revan kinda mask
    Guess, no one here dislike Star Wars.
  • edited December 2014
    Lol great comments I was nervous, first thread I ever made :) no flamming wow. Yeah I don't see the usefulness of it but I don't care looked sick. and that Sith inquisitor looks like Lord Revan kinda mask
    Star Wars SUCKS!!!

For waiting so long to put out another movie.

Re: the crossguard: I just want to see what happens when the guy goes all Darth Maul and does flips and shit while holding it. I see some nicked-up forearms in his future.
    Star Wars SUCKS!!!

For waiting so long to put out another movie.

Re: the crossguard: I just want to see what happens when the guy goes all Darth Maul and does flips and shit while holding it. I see some nicked-up forearms in his future.
    you mean in his past when he learned to use the light saber unless this guy is a rookie
  • Everyone uses a different style of saber combat. Darth Maul used form VII which is Juyo, the most aggresive style of lightsaber combat. In contrast Yoda used Ataru, which is the most accrobatic. Doesnt mean that is how this guy fights. maybe he uses the defensive form Soresu (form III)
  • edited December 2014
    Colbert explains the new lightsaber for us all:

http://thecolbertreport.cc.com/videos/umsrnb/lightsaber-controversy
  • I think when two guys are held in a lock with sliding sabres if one guy push toward the hilt it would slice the mini sabres off. Meh
  • That's why you need to see Colbert's video.

I just don't know how to embed :(
  • AWESOME POST GOGETA YES
  • I saw the video gogeta, I'm cool with the hilts now, Colbert settles it. I'm not somebody who gets outraged for the fun of it, and I didn't know the internet was so outraged, but when I first saw it, it crossed my mind.
  • Apparently over this, and that the storm trooper was NOT A CLONE seem to be huge issues to the internet.
  • "Aren't you a little black for a storm trooper?"