Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WW III: The Three Brothers Feedback/Comments (Master Document contained within!)

edited October 2014 in General
First things first, the following pastebin is a copy/paste from the word document I used to keep track of the game. It might be a bit sloppy but you can see everybody's roles and night actions here.

http://pastebin.com/JTDy9BSS

My thoughts for the game was to design a mafia in which people would have to talk to figure it out, including mafia members. The roles all have potential interactions. For instance, as mafia you would have no way of knowing whether you were blocked, your target was doctor protected, or if you tried to kill the 3rd brother. Miller is in the game to weaken town a little bit, and cause 3rd brother to have to question if he found a mafia brother or miller. While I think mafia was a bit too weak, I think the setup overall was very neat and played out well.

Night 1 in particularly was great

Cop SkyDragon: Investigates Mages (Blocked)
Roleblocker Cory: Blocks Skydragon
Doctor Darubian: Protect Damdred
Mafia Phantom/Unreliable: Kill Damdred (he's protected by doctor)
3rd Brother Tmonsta: Investigates Unreliable

Cory had no way of knowing if he blocked mafia. Mafia didn't know if they tried to hit the 3rd brother. Doctor didn't know if he protected the correct target. Nobody knew. But the dialogue that it started was really great.

I have to say I'm a little upset that town didn't win. That last minute bickering was really childish play.

Let's see other thoughts from me. I think the time limits was good, as it gave everybody plenty of time to vote with while setting well defined limits. By knowing when I'm going to call the vote, it limits me as a mod influencing the game by calling it too early. Though 24 hours day/night might be too long.

Anywho thats all for now. Let me know what you thought.

Comments

• Mafia needed another member for balance I think a true godfather role would of been nice.

nobody talks in SK, town always deserves to lose
  • i dont think thats true at all damdred, i think that some players that i didnt expect contributed way more this game and it was good to see
  • Mafia needed another member for balance I think a true godfather role would of been nice.

There was actually quite a bit of talking happening, go back and read the first few days. It fell off at the end but it was still rather active, especially for an SK PFs WW.
  • Quick shout out to mages miller hints, because even though I had perfect information I didn't pick up on them until they were pointed out to me xD
  • Classic Mages, I was really pissed that he got killed because I knew that would point the blame on me. And yep...it did.
  • The first few days boiled down to this,

miller talk
    meadows talk, mass claims. Flazer not reading
    me foing off on glo.
    loaf foing a bit crazy and antitown
    killing phantom

basically SK came down to mass claiming elrelying on cop to out checks and lynch down a list
  • edited October 2014
    If I had found a Vanilla town on night 1 I would have counterclaimed the Cop role and verified a townie. Instead I knew who Unreliable was pretty quickly thanks to Mages hinting. So then myself or Sky would have had to die.
  • Thanks for the game SB. It was fun. My first WW game, so I have no complaints. :)
  • Cory was hot garbage
  • Cory was hot garbage
  • Cory was hot garbage
  • Loaf lead me in to some wild tale where I thought he and damred were running the table. I should have just killed unreliable
  • Hey Cory...you stopped me from spying on rsoultin when I didn't care at all because I knew I'd be lynched. One day after I thought I'd be killed but I knew I'd be lynched.
  • I had one block on a bad guy hoooray
  • I mean...it was a useless block though. I knew rsould was a vanilla town as I was choosing between Damdred and Phantom as the other mafiosa.
  • it was a little scary to kill sky before you and give you one more block chance...
  • Lol I had Unreliable and Phantom as mafia/estranged for several rounds (with Loaf originally but >>). I feel dumb now but it's cool.
  • it was a little scary to kill sky before you and give you one more block chance...
    again. lucky for you i was garbage
  • Cory. we all have bad rounds. I did very little this game cept follow along. it happens :)

Quoted for truth.

But i was right phantom and unreliable were mafia hahahaha
  • of course you were Loaf. you just failed to convince anyone ;)
  • I win my own victory its how i keep myself sane.

• I thought Loaf was playing great. I just wanted him left alive because I know from experience nobody believes the genius!
  • I had the town convinced but I left for tequila and scary movies last night. i think I could have kept them on unreliable :(