Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

5 sectors per alliance?

edited October 2014 in General
So, when did the 5 sectors per alliance started?
The SK guide is not updated, and I really thought 40 sectors will be in my alliance next game. Ops!

http://www.starkingdoms.com/help/alliance/

Creating your own Alliance

You do not need to be a Sector Leader to create your own alliance. Your sector must be in the alliance in order to view the alliance forums. To create an alliance, type in the name of the Alliance you wish to make, and a password you wish to use for it and click on Create Alliance. This will create your alliance.

Joining an Alliance

This option is only available to Sector Leaders, and will not even be displayed if you are not a sector leader. To join an alliance, you must have the password from the alliance leader. Once the password has been obtained, in the alliance box, type in the name of the alliance (remember this is case sensitive, so if the alliance name has capital letters spread out through it, make sure to put those in, or it will not find the alliance). Put the password in the box below (also case sensitive), and click Join Alliance. If all goes well, and the password was correct, you will have joined the alliance.

Alliances can only have a maximum of 40 sectors. .

Comments

• Not sure when but it is understandable considering the size of the SK in-game universe.
  • Not enough players to fill 40 sectors.
  • But is their a limit to 5 to join your alliance, and the 6th sector cannot join anymore?

Or is it still maxed at 40, then the 41st can't join anymore.
  • rules are wrong. Max is 5.
  • It went from 40 to 20 to 15 to 10 to 5.
  • Hell, I remember when there were no limits. It trickled down, unlimited, 40, 20, etc. Eventually it'll be like s2 with no alliance, unless you're an idiot.
  • edited October 2014
    Oh yes I remember that. I helped run BIA way back when and we had the most sectors. Plus there was a forum bug where if you deleted one thread that it deleted every post underneath that post. So you had to bump all the threads you wanted to keep, and then hope out of the 120+ sectors we had that nobody would post in that thread before you deleted it. Fun times...there were a few complete AF wipes.
  • Oh jeeez unlimited sectors. Now you are dating yourselves
  • Oh yeah, it sucked! But that was my last alliance on s1 before I transitioned to s2 and stopped sucking as an AL until r23.
  • Oh jeeez unlimited sectors. Now you are dating yourselves
    Basically, I told Lem that last night that it is now 5 sectors per alliance.
    "how can you play anything with that?"

I said oh well... the last time I remember it was unlimited?

~He laughs....

FYI. I never AL ever, so when I was testing beta round, it was unlimited.

He said: " No, it was 40 sectors per alliance, then there was a game where we split into 2 alliance, so we got 80 sectors".

I ask again: So, when did that 40 sector limit started?

~~ Now, I can tell he was scratching his head~
  • It was around game 10 or 11.
  • Hell, I remember when there were no limits. It trickled down, unlimited, 40, 20, etc. Eventually it'll be like s2 with no alliance, unless you're an idiot.
    I should try S2. I beta S2 server, and it was just beyond me at that time.

I thought they got S2, because S1 is overcrowded. But now, they should put it all in one server.
  • s2 sucks now, that's why I came back to s1 at r23.
  • BIA

Daayum were old :(
  • Lol 40 sectors an alliance...
  • That'd be the fucking day
    we got 80 for one round in the past. we split it to fenris/fenrir.

probably, that explains why KT is dead in 30 minutes.

• 30 minutes? I remember some 30 second kts. I think some people had multis tho :p
  • I still can pk someone in 30 minutes! eat that, good luck having to relearn everything with 5 sectors :*(
  • I still can pk someone in 30 minutes! eat that, good luck having to relearn everything with 5 sectors :*(
    yeah, All i need is a miracle Damdred.
  • 30 minutes? I remember some 30 second kts. I think some people had multis tho :p
    Cory, the 30 seconds were confidential. You are not suppose to say that - you swear by the Queen.

Lets just say KT from 30 minutes before tick is normal business.
  • edited October 2014
    I had only ever completed 1 tic kt successfully. Wait until minute 59, then dead the next tic. I invited every person I had on my aim, gave them a target and he died lol. There were people from every alliance in that chat, but all close friends. I ended up starting a war after that and died, but it sure was fun :). I remember how powerful I used to be. I miss those days :(

have you seen the activity now compared to then though?

have you seen the activity now compared to then though?

Yeah, totally different universe. Good luck to me.
    I ask for a miracle.

• its pretty dog eat dog
  • Dog eat dog? George no bring Shep here!
  • its pretty dog eat dog
    hehehe. Hotdogs. I don't know what to cook for supper after the cheesy buns.
  • i relive the old days by doing pks just by myself
  • Im sure you play every angle. Not just pks.

Players talk about bringing down cheaters, but people surround themselves around you. Even if it is a long way around.