Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hockey Night

edited October 2014 in General
HNIC officially kicked off today and I gotta say... Watching two shootouts while eating turkey is a stroke of genius. Timing the start of hockey season with thanksgiving is truly Canadian, god damn amazing.

Also GOilers

Comments

• haha Zeal! A boot time!
    Happy Thanksgiving
  • shootouts are gay mmkay
  • shootouts are gay mmkay
  • I generally agree, I'd rather just straight OT. Still, gotta make do.
  • Yep continous ot is way better
  • Fuck off shootouts rule. Same with PKs
  • go minnesota
  • Two games in and Leafs fan throws jersey on the ice. This is an interesting situation with the fans wanting blood. Shanny will be under pressure to do something in a hurry if things fall off the rails again.

Of course and in Edmonton throwing the jersey on the ice has become old hat. I am starting to forget what it was like back when they made the playoffs.
  • With this guy at the helm it is no wonder.

• Its not offensive any more and it's not original. Just belligerent retards that don't represent the fanbase or the human race.

I was at the opener, there was a woman yelling about how us season ticket holders were second rate fans because we didn't earn it. Oh and then she said this old lady beside her was a shitty fan cause she wouldn't chant "Calgary sucks".

I've never hit a woman before, but holy fuck, some people shouldn't breed.
  • go minnesota
  • Lol sounds like she needs to chill out zeal :)
  • i did my family hockey pool on saturday, 2 points for a goal, 1 point for an assist, goalies get 1 point for wins and shutouts, at least 2 D and 1 G has to be taken

i picked second

1. Stamkos
    2. Giroux
    3. Keith(D)
    4. O'Rielly
    5. Couture
    6. Hartnell
    7. Craig Smith(picked because he won my pool last year)
    8. Hudler
    9. Zibenajad(i always take a sens player)
    10. Scheiffle
    11. Boyes
    12. Lehtonen(G)
    13. Edler(D)
    14. Lethora
  • Same dilemma as the olympics; who pays for the insurance to cover injuries? Cool concept though.

Danny Briere nets his 300th goal... it was a GWG with 0.5 seconds left in the game. Helluva way to start a season
  • ...annnd Stammer got his first hatty of the year. That didn't take long.
  • good ol 6 points for me! lol
  • edited October 2014
    Canucks games 6 days apart, geez.

The waitinnnn' is the hardest part.
  • how was the oilers game.........
  • HNIC officially kicked off today and I gotta say... Watching two shootouts while eating turkey is a stroke of genius. Timing the start of hockey season with thanksgiving is truly Canadian, god damn amazing.

Also GOilers
    oilers can suck it.