Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

KITTENS GAME

Comments

• What do you need 5 for? I was just reading the wiki and it said 25 for a Time Crystal.
  • how does workshop automation work, i tried lookign it up, but couldn't find it :p
  • Taken from Reddit

Workshop automation will work with as few as 1 steamworks as long as you have the upgrades and your resources are capped, but it only happens once per year. Check the upgrades you've completed in your workshop tab, there are far more than 2 upgrades to steamworks.
    Printing press creates manuscripts at a slow, steady rate, so you probably have that one since you mentioned that.
    If workshop automation is researched, the following happens...
    The first time that your resources go above a certain point in a calendar year (this would be about 98% of the max value) steamworks will activate. It takes a couple percent of your wood and minerals and turn them into beams/slabs. At that point it will jam until the next calendar year. If you want to be sure about this one,
    Check that your steamworks are on (probably because you've mentioned it's making manuscripts)
    Check that you have workshop automation research completed.
    On the first day of spring, make sure either your wood or minerals is capped, at that point you should see a message in the log on the right side that states that it's activating workshop automation, it will state how much wood/minerals it's going to use, and tell you how much it crafted in return.
    If it's any other day of the year and you missed the log message on the first day of spring, mouseover your steamworks, if it has turned on at any time during the year it should have the message ***Maintenance*** at the end of it's tooltip.
    Note that the workshop automation doesn't give a slow trickle of these crafted materials, it works once per year, makes a batch, then has to wait until the next year. Having more steamworks will allow it to handle bigger batches at a time, and other upgrades will let it trigger more than once in a year. But this may be why you haven't seen it happen.
    If you've done all this, and are still having trouble, let me know.
  • edited October 2014
    I have ~30.5k beams, 34.7k slabs and 10.2k plates, not sure what I should build.

I'm a few minutes away from getting Electricity which is 85 compendiums, then it's the long grind to 100 for Biology.
  • Really need a way to convert excess coal into steel.
  • ships aint giving me enough storage, i might have to reset again, 172 kittens and no alicorns
  • Dang.

What do your mansions cost? What year are you at? I'm only at 77 kittens (year 598) but I haven't spammed mansions yet, and am going to get max my log houses and huts right now.

I have so much Iron I don't know what to do with it aside from convert to plates or buy lumber mills. I can't turn my smelters down though because I need the coal.
  • edited October 2014
    next mansion costing 23k steel....good thing is, steel has no cap
  • See that Vulpes?! He's only year 545 and has 2m+ storage!

RESET!!!
  • next mansion costing 23k steel....good thing is, steel has no cap
    Bad thing is once your coal is maxed, it doesn't convert to steel unless you manually do it lol.
  • that all depends on how much you play. I doubt there is a number of resets that will let me get to 2m+ storage at year 545 as i can only actual watch it for a couple hours a day and the rest it just runs on it own. Maybe vulpes is in the sameish boat.

resetting made me nervous before i did it the first time.
  • this is how i keep my screen when i'm doing stuff on computer...so i know when things are full, and just go a couple clicks, then resume my activities :P
  • Lol. I can check mine every ~5 minutes for 9 hours a day.
  • What is the ultimate purpose of sacrificing Unicorns? You're 10x as far as I am and you don't even have 1 alicorn. Should I even bother making Ziggurats? Is there any purpose in getting the Tomb/Tower/Citadel/Sky Palace?
  • It would be nice if we could set it so clicking on some of the crafting buttons brings up a warning.

I went to click "All" for Megaliths, and my hand twitched and clicked on Blueprints -_-

Luckily a save happened a few minutes earlier so I just closed it.
  • edited October 2014
    lol...dont blame the game for your hand spasms :P

having to confirm every craft click would become a bother over time...
  • Only 20 more Compendiums till I get Biology, then Industrialization wont be too bad at 25 Blueprints. I'll just spam trades for those.

Almost at 500 Starcharts for Geodesy too.
  • Wanna play League later :)
  • How many Blueprints you got?
  • been making compendiums only now...to increase science, and be able to make more observatories
  • Aren't compendiums only 10 science worth?
  • Bio Labs give 1500 science? Damn, easymode.
  • yeah i want to try playing the new Sion remake :D
  • i have 1300 compendiums...thats extra 13k science
  • Bio Labs give 1500 science? Damn, easymode.
    yeah, good luck with spending steel to craft allows...
  • How were you crafting compendiums? Just with your parchment crafting from Steamworks, or were you spamming your hunters for fur?
  • I'm lost on what to build now.

I was going to spam harbors only to find out they cost a ton of plates and I don't have enough.

I think I'm going to try to push to 120 and reset.
  • i have 25 mint...never ending parchments
  • Ah I can see that for sure.

I just got Industrialization.. now everything costs 25+ blueprints and 1000+ titanium... time to push for 120 and reset.