Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dungeons and Dragons Next

edited August 2014 in General
anyone else playing 5.0 yet?

Comments

• edited August 2014
    i've watched people play, does it count?

but i just watched the storytelling part, so i pretty much saw nothing different :P

(the character sheet is pretty diferent though)
  • we are doing our start of the first adventure later tonight, i'm so hype
  • well, the people i saw playing were having fun :D
  • Ugh, I hate it.

I moved on to pathfinder.
  • are you sure you are not talking about 4.0?
  • maybe he is...

4.0 makes me think of tabletop mmo
  • I always said 4.0 is what dnd would have been if blizzard made it.

5.0 plays a lot more like 3.0 and 3.5, though it has some elements of 4.0 as well (some good, some bad). Depending on how this new group I'm trying out goes, we might do pathfinder in the future, I'm told it's really just 3.75, and that I'd like it if I played it.
  • i like 3.5 d&d the best idk if i will try 5.0 at this point but 3.0 is fun i skipped 4.0 cause i didn't like it
  • Damdred and I spoke about this a couple of months ago.

I thought of running a campaign for the pj's. The biggest challenge being time. There are great programs out there such as d20 pro, that would make it simple for the group.
  • i'm in (even though i wasnt invited...i'll be cleric :P)
  • Never be cleric, you'll just get relegated to healing :(.

"Oh, it's my turn, what interesting thing can i do? Oh, wait, our dwarven fighter recklessly rushed in like always and is already at half health? Guess I'll spend my turn healing again"
  • Truth.
    Although, honestly, I viewed the game of D&D I played as less nerdy than our never-quite-dying loyalty to our online-text-based space war math/strategy simulation game :P
  • I haven't played since 2.0 I think
  • i'm playing a Half Elf (Drow) Sorcerer. i'm limiting myself to elemental abilities for the sake of roleplayability and with being half drow and having an 18 charisma, i feel like this could be a really fun character to play. i just need to get past the part when i'm too squishy to take more than one hit.
  • i just need to get past the part when i'm too squishy to take more than one hit.
    hahaha, good luck with that
  • Lol wow we are still in 3.5 haven't even started 4.0 yet... I'm behind but all of us have kids so we don't get to play often... mages has never played
  • 4.0 is not worth. 3.5 is still the best, your are not missing anything.
  • 4.0 is not worth. 3.5 is still the best, your are not missing anything.
  • Pathfinder pulls a lot of good things from 4.0 but it still keeps to the core of 3.5, i would really suggest people look into it.
  • i would be interested in seeing it
  • I havent played D&D since high school. It was our Mon and Wed game. Tues and Thurs were for Star Wars RPG. Fri was DC Heroes RPG and Sat was Palladium (Usually Rifts) That was our summer schedule 2 yrs in a row. During school it was harder to get everyone together as some of us played sports (ok only me.. football and basketball) and some of them had band (every-fucking-body else) but we tried a rotating schedule on Sundays.
  • heard from GM that my table will resume this saturday, 3.5...

we had a long hyatus because GM joined military police academy
  • (I have no idea how you play this game.)

• Nerd shop owners keep telling me pathfinder is worth
  • heard from GM that my table will resume this saturday, 3.5...

we had a long hyatus because GM joined military police academy
    Kinda jelly right now

• just do some online games, pheonix
  • This will be my first real game so I am excited! I am a dragonborn druid so this should be interesting. XD