Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Red Alert 2

Comments

• It died on me
  • i guess i won :P
  • Daru dc'd unreliable got pretty lucky on his placement it spawned me and daru ontop of each other zzz
  • hey, let me feel good in front of others!!!!
  • Daru dc'd unreliable got pretty lucky on his placement it spawned me and daru ontop of each other zzz
    That was so unfair, but I would have moved if you had just played nice for a bit longer.
  • i a need a lot of skirmishes against brutals to get the hang of starting...

at that game, when i noticed i was in the corner, i just sent marines around and rushed spynet...if anyone were near me, i'd be dead lol
  • So im sitting here at work and updating and working on this laptop to hopefully prevent additional shutdowns while im trying to play the game.

Unreliable, stop building chrono's. They suck. However, if you are playing as allied and and are up against another allied player it is completely worth sending a spy into their tech lab. That gives you a chrono commando and they have all the power of tanay with the ability to zap around the map.

Another thing you should really work on is defense and buildings just aren't going to give that to you. When I generally play, I have two ore refineries built within minutes and one sold immediately (cheaper than building another truck). Start pumping some tanks.

The short game is where I am personally seeing players fall. There is nothing wrong with being agressive (damdred is starting to get really good at it), but you have to have the defense there to back it up if you are going to go for a quick kill.
  • i did not know the ore truck trick lol...

another problem i noticed, is autotargeting...is there a hotkey to send troops to attack everything in their path?
  • edited August 2014
    it was so hard to click the fighters with the SAM tanks (ifv i think)

last time i used spy, a laser turret zapped it
  • i did not know the ore truck trick lol...

another problem i noticed, is autotargeting...is there a hotkey to send troops to attack everything in their path?

ctrl + shift and left click will do exactly what you are looking for.

Another great hotkey is t, it will select all of the units on the map you are looking at of the same type after selecting one. Double tap t and it will select them all across the board. Great if you are tank rushing and building tanks and want to keep more coming in.
  • last time i used spy, a laser turret zapped it
    You used the spy wrong. When using a spy you need to target an enemy soldier and he will take on their image. The reason the tower zapped it is because your spy didn't look friendly.
  • I like city maps more than open land its a bit easier to turtle really and since we aren't using supers its ok to have a clustered base. but yea daru likes splitting his units as distractions while he base crushes on the flank. And yea unreliable your playstyle is more suited to someone who likes a small amount of power weapons instead od one who masses cheap units your chronos will get dead
  • The only reason I actually spread out the way I always do is for the income. That is where I am seeing a lot of you guys fall behind. Income makes all of the difference, it allows you to build more and even faster.

Now time to share my biggest secret. The reason I build more than one barracks, or war factory or ship is because your units will build faster.
  • Ya double speed almost unless a meanie kills all your ore and multiple bases
  • edited August 2014
    I got lucky with that terror drone

I have lowered the heat of this laptop by 10 c. I am hopeful this will allow me to play RA2 for extended periods of time. In addition, I have also stopped the computer from trying to configure itself at a random notice.
  • Who's up for a game?
  • Anyone! And I'll play nice!
  • I got bored and beat a brutal bot :(
  • I'm home in 2 hours or so
  • im totally up for gaming tonight.

if it makes you feel better, ive done two online games an a brutal match since turning on my laptop damdred, all the while downloading dota 2 and it hasnt dropped yet. She did get up to 60C though, but i think that is still low enough before it flips its lid.
  • but if it stays at 60c for a long while, wont it hurt damage the "stuff" ?
  • i'll be ready for a game in 40min...
  • but if it stays at 60c for a long while, wont it hurt damage the "stuff" ?
    It could potentially, but I would be more concerned if it was pushing closer to 70 - but the temperature I am talking about is one of the processor's cores. So they typically run pretty hot.

I eventually place to ghetto rig this desk with a fan built into the desktop. It is going to take some time before I get that far though.
  • Got some groceries to deal with Unreliable, the wifey will be home with them soon and I will be on to play afterwards.
  • i'll be here for a while, probably even after damdred arrives as well
  • Sweet, let's get that three way free for all in!
  • Nice sounds fun
  • i'm waiting on yall