Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Overseas Cruise WW Finished. The Cook won, because everyone else starved before game started

edited August 2014 in General

Might start this at least 2 days after damdred's game ends, so people can rest a little.

This game requires a minimum of 11 players and gets optimal at 16. We have 6 good guys with roles, 5 bad guys with roles and the rest are villagers.

General description of this WW and need-to-know information:

1. There are amusing random factors.
2. There are more pairs of players than we are used to, on both sides.
3. I need that randomizer program.
4. After long consideration, i decided to make roles public at game start, to prevent headaches :P

Comments

• Farth? (in)
  • as i actually work for a cruise line

in
  • well, i guess i'll post the roles in a couple hours and expose them to criticism :P
  • edited August 2014
    its past 2am so i'll just leave the roles here and go pass out on the carpet

1. Captain: The guy that runs the place. Power addict, likes to play with the lives of others. Knows Chief Officer.
    *Each night he can order that someone else's role be randomly changed. This effect takes place only at the end of night. Does not work on Chief Officer.
    2. Chief Officer: Second in command, knows Captain.
    *Can protect one person each night. Cannot protect the Captain. If captain dies, he can forfeit his protection power and take his place.
    3. Deck Cadet: The military and lawmaker in the ship, knows his way around giving and receiving orders.
    *Can lock someone each night. If captain targets him, he can see beforehand which role he will get and decide if he will stick to it, or try a new one.
    *One time only, he can kill someone during the day (He chooses how :P). This power is not lost even if Captain targets him.
    4. Chief Engineer: Keep the ship in one piece along with his trusted assistant. Have hightech gadgets at his disposal. Knows Second Engineer.
    *May invent each night. If Second engineer dies, he may only invent once every 2 nights.
    5. Second Enginner: Proud assistant and soon to be his boss's successor. Knows Chief Engineer.
    *After Chief Enginner dies, he may invent once each 2 days and they only trigger at day.

Pirates!!! YAAAR
    7, 8, 9 Strikers: Killers of people, plain and simple. They know each other.
    *Can kill one person each night. If they target the Cook, the striker that took the shot will die as well. If the Captain targets a Striker, he will lose his power and become an evil villager (still in Striker team).
    10. Bard: Teller of stories, a perfect charmer.
    *Knows if targeted by a role and can choose to deflect it into a random person. Cannot redirect it to the one who targeted him.
    11.Gunner: Knows his way around powders and cannons, a little bit crazy though.
    Twice in the game he can blind a random person and block his night action. (Used at night)
    Twice in the game he can deaf a random person and block his day action. (Used at day)

Ships Guests:
    12,13,14,15,16. Villagers: Your everyday common citizen, can change the world with the power of their votes. Kudos to democracy!

Neutral:
    Cook: Keep the crew well fed and healthy. Has an obscure past. (Been once known as Lecter?)

*If he is killed by a Striker, the striker dies as well.
    *Only one time, he can protect up to 3 people at the same time, limited by the number of deaths in last day and last night cycles.
    *Only one time, he can also poison up to 3 people, limited by number of deaths in last day and last night cycles. This is a match kill ability. This means cook must call the right roles of the targets.

So, is this too complex, or a side looks OP?
  • Gunner might need to be scales back unless we have 20-25+ people
  • The captain should be prevented from changing his role as well.
  • Not sure what happened, but ww games from 2-4 months ago all had 22-25 people like clockwork.
  • The captain should be prevented from changing his role as well.
    he kinda cant

"[...]he can order that someone else's role[...]"
  • Good OP
    well, good might look op, but the pairs dont know other pairs.

Changes

-Gunner no longer can blast the ship, but now has 3 uses of each ability.

-Cook is now a Neutral role, and gained the power to poison up to 3 people, limited in the same manner (one use, need people to die, and its separate from his other power). This is a match kill ability. Means if he wants to kill 3, he needs to know the roles of all 3 targets.

• Well, gonna open game thread in 6h.

List so far:

CoryNewb
    Damdred
    Darubian
    Mages
    Maserlas
    MissMeadows
    Phantom
    SilentButterfly
    SkyDragonX
    TMonsta
    Bakery
    Kloudi
  • That's a really small list :(
  • We are looking at half what we used to play with....but I have to chalk it up to SK attricion. Bad time of year...and some regulars are all not playing or around:

Magazet
    RMag
    Prime
    Shining
    Ixta
    CountDank & Darius had a couple games each
    Walls
    Dogtown

Not sure why Flazer and zeal didn't sign up (yet?)
  • edited August 2014
    yeah, i guess i'll keep the sign up open for a while longer...

no rush anyway
  • I'd say burn-out. I considered not signing up either because of that.

I also yearn for a more traditional ww game (Two ww's and all that) and hope that someone will host one or something.
  • i want to play a more traditional one, not feeling it with complex or things that make me angry to play
  • damn, maybe i should have said game was traditional, then after it started, give special secret powers to random people
  • aww sad pandas
  • Damn it Greg won one.