Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gangbabg Rule

Comments

• edited July 2014
    tnx for the coords...

July 12, 11:31:11 Our brave kingdom I Poison You (1:18) attacked St Binah (1:20) and conquered 91 planets.
    You little cunt. Expect my boys to come say hi.
  • edited July 2014
    i would feel sorry for him, but forge just did the same 3x hits thing in a WM kingdom

(btw, thats a fake news)

edit. no they didnt

edit². did they?

edit³. wait
  • I like this thread.
  • i would feel sorry for him, but forge just did the same 3x hits thing in a WM kingdom

(btw, thats a fake news)

edit. no they didnt

edit². did they?

edit³. wait
    Yeah I noticed. Be happy I looked or I would have had you tapped a few times sir being a dick.
  • of course you would...
  • edited July 2014
    I don't know anything of what's happening this round, but the gangbang rule has always been

From same Alliance/sector
    3 hits = ok.
    4 hits = Gangbang.

The 4th hit, makes it a gangbang and either it needs to be retalled, or the player who didn't post his hit needs to be retalled. This has been the standard in almost all the alliances I've been in, or led, since I've played. (Not all, I was looking through old HQ threads I've archived, and one alliance, said the 3rd hit was when it became a gangbang. The confusion just seem to be going the opposite direction here.)
  • I thought u guys were talking about that moargoons guy. I hit him
  • Thomas the mother fuckin tank engine.
  • Gordon the Mother Humpin Big Engine
  • I don't know anything of what's happening this round, but the gangbang rule has always been

From same Alliance/sector
    3 hits = ok.
    4 hits = Gangbang.

The 4th hit, makes it a gangbang and either it needs to be retalled, or the player who didn't post his hit needs to be retalled. This has been the standard in almost all the alliances I've been in, or led, since I've played. (Not all, I was looking through old HQ threads I've archived, and one alliance, said the 3rd hit was when it became a gangbang. The confusion just seem to be going the opposite direction here.)
    Fixed
  • Yes, good call.
  • I frankly dont know why u guys try to uphold this rule

You ve seen 10 man trains on 1 kd in the past which was blatant gbing and no one really gave a fuck because it was o wait for it

For shits and giggles.

And really any kd getting hit 3 times means they prolly lose the will to play the game any further thus suiciding

This rule was made so that alliances could defend its kds in the past but nowadays alliances really dont mean jack all so why have a rule that doesnt fit the cutrent meta of sk

The meta being less players less hits alliance being pointless and more focused on personal relations than anything

• I frankly dont know why u guys try to uphold this rule

You ve seen 10 man trains on 1 kd in the past which was blatant gbing and no one really gave a fuck because it was o wait for it

For shits and giggles.

And really any kd getting hit 3 times means they prolly lose the will to play the game any further thus suiciding

This rule was made so that alliances could defend its kds in the past but nowadays alliances really dont mean jack all so why have a rule that doesnt fit the cutrent meta of sk

The meta being less players less hits alliance being pointless and more focused on personal relations than anything

Yes, good call.
  • Look, the two idiots agree.
  • I don't think that we should say "Just because things are awful now, let's take away the rules that attempt to make it less awful." Same could be said in regards to the bash rules. Removing the either will just make the game die quicker.

I think it was a poor choice when people ignored these rules for out-of-war "trains," and I think it's just as bad to use that as an excuse to ignore the rules that make the game playable for non-serious players.
  • I argued most of this a while back, almost to the point that we should do away with any of the rules because they weren't followed. Hell on s2, its rogue, you do mostly w/e the hell you want. But the blatant loss for these rules is ever more evident now, perhaps the return of older players will help ensure its survival
  • Less serious players will always be fodder for the better players

What makes you think getting hit 3 times is good for a kd and 4 times is not

Just because old school players thought it 'back in the day' when it actually had new players to protect

Now its just blah ppl dont play for the alliance

Ppl play for their own agenda

Wars are always the bottom 3 vs top 1.

I mean why uphold an out dated rule. Tradition? Lol
  • I've had a few successful rounds where we managed to change the gangbang rule from 4 hits to 3 hits. Typically this only works if you are the power alliance and you have to start with your own alliance. Getting the AL's together to agree on it is also a possibility.
  • edited July 2014
    I get what you're saying, but the difference being between 3 and 4 isn't really what's important, it's that the line has to be drawn somewhere, and it's traditionally been 3. That being said, I don't think we should hold to rules just because tradition, I think the rules are still helpful and applicable.

Getting hit 3 times in a row sucks, but you can build defense again. You probably won't be able to make a top kd, but you can keep playing if you take time to build only defense. Getting hit as many times as people want means you can never balance your kd again, and likely just die of pop-loss.

I know that some rounds people have been allowed to do stupid shenanigans, and the rules weren't upheld, and people didn't play for alliance. I don't think we should just decide that since they didn't honor these rules those rounds we should just throw everything out. Doing so will just kill the game quicker.

And yeah, you're right we don't get many new players, but it's not 0. And among the players we do have, we still have some noobs, some less experienced, and some more casual players that benefit from the gangbang and bashing rules, so I don't think we should dismiss them just because they are from a different SK era.
  • lol thread.
  • well fine sir

do try to uphold these "rules" when another train starts up cos it will and it wont stop
  • edited July 2014
    how about we change it to: Its a clean hit until honor is below 1200

:P
  • Hold up. Did retard castle seriously name drop SOURCE in an attempt to gain credibility?
  • Caspian would be proud.
  • Wow just everyone just stfu.
    Shit KD builder who talks shit.
  • Whats a gangbagb?
  • The 4th hit has always been considered a GB, but people running trains generally don't care how many times they hit. The rules that matter are determined by the top alliance and whether or not they feel like trolling the uni. Training Day rolled over the uni last round and it took a month to stop them. They could have ganged/bashed all round if they wanted and nobody would have stopped them.
  • Hold up. Did retard castle seriously name drop SOURCE in an attempt to gain credibility?
    **Inserts random defense to win the conversation **
  • Darubian im bigger than you right now dude. °_°
    Nice lie
  • Im 10k nw bigger than you and you have more land. Noob.
    Stat line for proof.