Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Solar winds...worth this rd?

edited May 2014 in General
I think its still worth

Comments

• no

save sector fund for more benifital things...
  • Like Warp Gate.
  • and cancer research
  • Sorta...honestly peoples incomes should be higher anyway so should be able to afford whatever
  • it's the cheapest enhancement, and has the longest duration.

you'd be dumb not to still get it. especially if the bonuses end up being multiplicative rather than additive.
  • it's the cheapest enhancement, and has the longest duration.

you'd be dumb not to still get it. especially if the bonuses end up being multiplicative rather than additive.
  • During war probably still worth it because people will be running half the pps, and will need fewer pas to reduce them to 0.

• Power production= p
    # of power plants producing power = N
    Research bonus = R

So we have a double power production round.

P = N * R * 2

With solars

P= N * R * 2 *1.5

Idk if this is right

Well I guess I will wait for pat- im too tired to keep thinking aboutn it
  • Call flazer...
  • and cancer research
    I laughed, then cried.

• edited May 2014
    This is just full of stupid. Solars will allow you to build less PPs and more income, doesnt matter what the round bonus is.
    The land you gain from needing less PPs is greater than the extra sms needed to cover the cost of solars.
  • Depends on the pt really. The difference fit mysti or vi just isn't significant enough. But it does affect the sector as a whole.
  • This is just full of stupid. Solars will allow you to build less PPs and more income, doesnt matter what the round bonus is.
    The land you gain from needing less PPs is greater than the extra sms needed to cover the cost of solars.
    This is exactly how I feel whenever most of these guys post. You just cant understand why basic concepts escape them so consistently in such a simple game.
  • Mysticide OP motherfuckers
  • So zeal summed it up well here-
    . Solars will allow you to build less PPs

(For actually in game math ask flazer- this is just an example)
    However- for kicks- during a nzormal round lets say at 1000 land you need 50 pps- normally- with solars. without solars you'd need 75 power plants - this for ease gives you 25 extra starmines- making maybe somewhere in the neighborhood of 5000-6000 more plat per tick-

With this bouns currently- on the same kd you would need 25 pps with solars or ~ 37 without-

This ks like 12 extra sms- making maybe 2000/3000 more per hour-

Obviously still benifical- but would It be more beneficial to rush a research station? Or to keep nanos for a sector that dosent have the income to do both-

The idea is when bcart makes power have a small enough impact- the effect of the enchantment (solars) is decreased to the point where it will not adhere to the established conventions.

The question that is being asked is- Dose doubling power production diminish the return on solars enough to make it worthwhile to run without them?

Tbh I think it will, but like I said, I haven't checked the actually in game #s.
  • clay's a big noobie
  • clay's a big noobie

I concede to your wisdom
  • heres a simple version of whatever you just wrote

nanos always > solars
    solars on always > solars off

math!

nanos always > solars

math!
    Completely incorrect or both counts.

Lol solars > nanos during any normal round.

• Math is just a matter of opinion...

nanos always > solars

math!
    Completely incorrect or both counts.

Lol solars > nanos during any normal round.

It's all situational. Depends on KD build, war, etc.
  • ONLY ONE RIGHT ANSWER THIS IS ALGEBRA NOT VIDEO GAMES
  • warp gates
  • A misty or Volc will disagree.

Solars<Nanos when I run misty. I could never run solars with my misty and be happy as hell. Fuck Solars, get wG every other day...
  • there is a rumor floating around that pie likes WG
  • there is a rumor floating around that pie likes WG
  • I d rather buy solars and not do power res
  • Btw how can people be powerless atm its insane to me
  • Start 10 pps
  • Who said they are powerless?