Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

how does high probe work with a smaller player base?

edited April 2014 in General
back when i first started you could make a really powerful kingdom using money from robs if you went high probe. i still see people trying to do this, but i'm left to question how good it can really be because of the smaller player base. i cant imagine finding a bank this day in age can be very easy, considering i was getting my ass robbed off for like 250k money before i disbanded. how can one justify putting their building resources into probe factories?

Comments

• There are still bank farms around. Know the right people and you always have maxed out robs.
  • edited April 2014
    There are still bank farms around. Know the right people and you always have maxed out robs.
    Probably the best answer youre going to get

Inactives are easy to rob out of noob for about the first 3 days, eventually tapering off to tick robbing.

Then you just play the spot the bank farm game, theres a ton around these days but theyre findable with spreadsheets, eventually though you can start robbing actives for decent cash, but youll never compete with the bank farm owners and people they are friends with.

PFs arent a ton of your land to get amazing robs, 10-15% will usually net you a solid income if youre mildly competent with robbing, and there are other benefits as well like protection from robs etc.

• spreadsheets? damn. so the fact that i typically play this game on my tablet when i'm supposed to be paying attention in class is still my biggest problem :P
  • Even with the small playerbase and rounds with income bonuses high probe kds will always come out ahead of income kds if you are willing to put the work in.
  • if you are willing to put the work in.
    nope
  • It allows you to have the shittiest defense if no one can get a pa thru.
  • Not with sk probe mechanics 1 probe trick does work.
  • This is true, But I figured if you went 15-20% pfs, even the 1 pa trick has trouble.
  • It also depends you can have a ton of probes but if a smaller guy has a better ratio he can get it pretty easy too.
  • Info probes cant be blocked with a good probe ratio tbh, only consistent dmg and robs
  • Quote button works still bro.
  • This is true, But I figured if you went 15-20% pfs, even the 1 pa trick has trouble.
    base success is 15%. doesn't matter how many probes you have, they have, or you send.
  • edited April 2014
    In the early game, days 4-10 (post newbie) or so that things get pretty dry. Unless a certain someone fills the uni with inactives then you're set for at least two weeks on decent robs.

Still far superior to go high probes, as it'll allow typically twice the income of pure sm kds early game (given you max rob and never miss a beat). Past the first two weeks, use your social networking skills, spreadsheet, or just be a lame ass and bankfarm (sup gypsies). II'll go around 20-25% (till 2-3k land) and adjust as necessary depending on my luck. Get probe armor as fast as possible it'll do wonders on your probe losses.

Also, pro tip: don't live by exact percentages on your buildings.. especially early game. You can typically get away with a lot less as your ratio is very fat.
  • I've always built off of percentages, its the only way ;)
  • It works like you have more probes than less people.
  • people who are shite at high probes shouldnt comment on playing high probes.
    I'm shite at most things.
    I'm shite at most things.
    In fact! I'm shite-ing right now!
  • It works like you have more probes than less people.
    Like, instead of having a lot of players, and a lot of people with less probes than you, this current player base has less people, so less people to have more probes than.