Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top 10 Players of SKs history

Comments

• Tex was shite just drop it, he was a poor mans Omni who was also not great, very intelligent guy but as a straight up builder he wasnt great
  • Even lynog is a better player than tex XD
    im a better player than everyone
  • edited January 2014
    tex killed cheaters too, when it suited his purposes to do so. seriously man, stop sucking the dude's dick.
    You are an idiot and have some of the worst SK knowledge ever. Congrats.

He was shite and probably top 3 cheats on SK ever. The guy had to make hundreds of multies for the next 5-10 rounds to go for our group because we bummed him so hard.
  • Ya it's hard to make a list because of how the game and the player base has changed throughout the years. Maybe another name to be mentioned is Sinnox. I played with him a lot years ago and we ran some top alliances and he was a good KD builder.
    im a better player than everyone

quoted for truth!
  • Tex was NOT that great. He was just one of those guys that was being dick ridden through the ranks. If you would force him to play a 100% legit game he wouldn't even make top 50. Sure he's great at organizing people and the such. He led xMGx. But to say he was a great kd builder...

Having said that i'd say the tops of all time are:

1. Omni
    2. Seph
    3. Depresslands

But honestly I even doubt this. Seph was good because of his dedication to the game. The man was obsessed on a level you don't see anymore. I honestly think that he'd have a run for his money against some people he never went up against that came after his time. And seriously... it was like at least 8 or 9 years since he's played a game so most of it is just legend anyways.

I've played with and against Omni a lot and I have respect for him as a player. He's damn good in a lot of ways. If anyone else really got to know the guy they'd understand it too. Flaze has these moments from time to time where he throws a ridiculous amount of math and knowledge that makes a strat that's outside of the box. That just reminds me of Omni because he did that like every day. If you were ever in a sector with him you'd understand. The man never stopped talking about how things accepted as optimal actually weren't.

Depresslands is a given but I think time and memory distorts my perception of him as well. This guy did the R/R BEFORE it was cool. I honestly don't know if he'd be as good nowadays.

Honorable mentions: FTB, Tankwolf, and Vindi.

So yeah, honestly I think there are some guys still around or who have been around that could possibly be better. I think Jones had the biggest chance really. Flaze deserves more credit than he gets.
  • Good call on Starnox RiCo, he was good. I just don't know if he was great.
  • Sinnox was top notch and one of the nicest guys ever too.
  • edited January 2014
    If one of the main attributes of being a top 10 player is influence on the game, then you really should add players like Cobras and myself. Otherwise rename to top 10 players 10 years ago because all of these guys haven't played for 10 years.

I'll continue to edit with people that actually played consistently: Nimrook, Bean, Mal, Kesha, Dank, ER, Damdred, Lynog, Kes, sci, tbc.
  • my top 10 list of people I feel are good

Lynog
    Jones
    Moogle
    Cobras
    Mercer

Sorry that is all I can come up with, no one else is good enough to be on this list.
  • Mercer should get his own list. Top10 Bro's of the year, makes solid KDs for people so they can skip the boring parts of the round.
  • my argument has never been that tex was clean, it has simply been that Kes wasnt the great multi hunting savior. seriously though, personal attacks over a text based game on the internet? obviously your SK intel wasnt that great either, if you think Kes didnt cheat.
  • It depends on whether by influence you mean everyone recognises their name because of something they have done.

But since this thread is called top players there is a few that you've mentioned Ty that I would drop. Kesha definitely, he did too much crap to the game to be mentioned as a "top" player.

I have massive respect for a Kes and Neal because my first ever game I landed in their sector in Lum and it was a great way to learn the game. Kes in particular was really helpful (not that I'm any good :P)

I fought with Mal in Demagogue and that was one of the first times I got involved in helping an alliance. And when we tried to set up Demigod on S2 was a lot of laughs lol. The same goes for Sci, I've fought against him as well and that was a hell of a lot of fun. Sci was good enough to convince my RL best friend to sell me out for a PK. Now THAT's how you fight a war lol

And say what you like about Ty and ER going inactive when they are in charge, the Friendship alliance was a massive laugh. That was the first round I met Damdred as well, top bloke. And watching Mal and Ty with those PF accounts just made it even funnier. Sure the alliance imploded eventually but it was fun while it lasted

Funny thing I think that was the first round cobras created Stunners? Confirm/Deny? It was definitely Stunners and at the time I wasn't impressed lol. I stopped playing for a while after that.
  • edited January 2014
    This list is really dependant upon the person being influenced. My top ten doesnt include many of the guys posted... though they all were good players. My top ten made an impact on me and the current game.

1. Rook- based upon his personal influence upon myself and his leading of fair alliances.
    2. Bob- his frustration alone at me and some boneheaded moves I've made has forced me through "tough love" to become better.
    3. Lynog- his building skills are not exaggerrated. Plus his Ego. And yet he still out performs many even with almost everyone gunning for him.
    4. AMOG- another guy who has offered friendly advice while also dealing permanent punishment lol.
    5. Ian- a newish face at one time... yet has repeatedly shown an ability to lead and a wealth of knowledge.
    6. Cobras- would be higher if more active, haha. Leads. Leads better than anyone left. PKs are now known as "Stone Cold Stunners" he drops them more often than Austin ever did. Also not bad at kd building.
    7. Flazer- while not a lot of personal run ins with him, his math skills and consistancy is what makes him.
    8. Zeality- taught me quite a few things, if only I had listened to him earlier.
    9. JonesL/Qwj- I put them together because again while not a lot of personal interaction... their KD building skills are definately top 5.
    10. Dank- of all the people on this list... including dank has nothing to do with positive influences. He has shown me more on how to be a dick and not give a shit what other people think. I grew a thick skin cause of his dumb ass.

My list. Different than others because this is my personal experience with them. I would also include players in game ( not sure if in PFs but I remember KD names)... Marine, N33d.. etc...

I also want to give Ty an honorable mention. He brought out Pie. We raged at each other for almost a full round. Had to be there. One of the top rounds for me as far as fun.
  • How people forget Tex's WG skills is beyond me. He's the man that taught kes everything he knows, mastered the PK (and built the PK calc pros used for years) and ran beautiful massive wars. Chaotic was art in SK form. But he still doesn't quite make top 10

As for Aza's accusation against kes, it disgusts me. I've been in the trenches of war with that man so many times, watching his methods and wishing he would play dirtier. The closest thing he came to probe farms was begging for pa's to find war targets after using all his own and getting a reply from a bad player.
  • Thanks pie :) was flattered until I saw dole was there too haha
  • This is in context of since i have been playing...2-3 years now...kingdoms can't show up in more than 1 category...not ranked just a list in each category

Top Builders Only (Top NW Rank)
    Jones
    Lynog
    Flazer

Top AL/WG Only (Win from lower rank or hold off uni wars)
    Kes
    Sci
    RMagician

Top HOF Whores On (gives all pas, missiles every PK, and hits 4x10 on all KTs)
    Tank Killer
    Gunslinger
    Mt. Gagazet

Top Overall Players Only (Top KD builder/Top AL/Top HOF whore)
    Cobras
    Damdred
    Scars
  • edited January 2014
    Pssh Amog, now considering I only tried KD building on s1 one time and I was only a top 20 builder when I got KTed. Then no I shouldn't be on anyones list. However, I have tried to help out a few generations of leaders such as Pie. As such I have influenced SK, for good or bad other people can decide, and I am worthy to be on lists as a mentor. Whether people listened to me or not.
  • ER as a mentor? O_o

Man those students must have mental problems now O_o
  • I think whats happening here is people are blaming Kes for what others chose to do FOR him. I know for a fact Kes has been helped by multis, but that doesn't mean he made that call or even supported it. Same is probably true for every AL though :/
  • it disgusts you? man you guys take this internet stuff really seriously...was it always like this here?
  • it disgusts you? man you guys take this internet stuff really seriously...was it always like this here?
    Worse. There was more people so people had to shout loudest to be heard.
  • Meh, it was better back then because there were so many people shouting different things you could troll people many different things in the same thread and people would quote you to agree on each side of the argument.
  • edited January 2014
    So many opinions it really is hard to nail down an actual list of top 10. I've ran with soay different people from Omni, walls, meadows, lynog, jones, pie, dole, cobra, amog, holo, fepo, kes, Kesha, Ty, mal, nemo, ftb, puppy, tank wolf

The list honestly goes on I will have to get on pc to really nail down the different types of Influences/roles the players have had on the game over the years. I will also say I have played for/with every kd mentioned just about some of the time I never spoke up the entire round just played out the round.

Will have somewhat of a list maybe sometime soon :)
  • #1 Mal
    Was being humble and didn't point the obvious choice out
  • edited January 2014
    Top Builders
    Seph
    TankWolf
    FTB
    Mercer
    Omni
    Flazer
    Guardia
    Jones/Lynog/Qwj
    Walls/Meadows/Default
    Beanland

Honorable Mentions: Lews, Naxon, Hexic - all S2 guys that are gone

Don’t know any of the old guys like Vindi and Depressland but seeing as they have both made awesome SK guides, I bet they are pro.

Top Tough Guys
    Dole
    Mages
    Shining
    CoryNewb
    Osiris
    Me
  • HOOOOOOOOOOOOO! That's right, tough guy.