Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Farewell SK

edited January 2014 in General
Looks like sk has officially died on us. Such a shame, but we all knew this day was coming. I will miss reading posts from some of you all...oh well though the internet is vast.

Comments

• edited January 2014
    Pssh, I'm still playing my WW! Also, it hasn't even been a week yet, lol.
  • Farewell sweet addiction.
  • Guys. Do you not remember last summer when we had a longer break from SK mid round? It was like 4 days in the middle of a game when we didn't even have the website up.

Regardless, if this is the end. Cheers to all.
  • Best not be the end! I've just returned after 10 years bringing friends with me for a laugh! i will be deeply disappointed :(
  • All the best guys.
    God knows why bcart never just sold it to some one on here.
  • Even if he just gives some one complete controls ( so they can reset/ scan and ban etc etc and make alterations)
    He can still pick up the loose change for the premium accounts.
    This game could be a gold mine if it was ran better and promoted better
  • Even if he just gives some one complete controls ( so they can reset/ scan and ban etc etc and make alterations)
    Make an offer to purchase it from him ;)

• edited January 2014
    :(
  • people need to realize that hes quite possibly without internet atm with the freak winter storms going on....besides this isn't the most time we've been without sk
  • edited January 2014
    I'm not going to buy that. In this day and age of cell phones the least he could do is tell his admins something via email.
  • Wtf, happend to SK anyway. I remember the days when there was galaxy after galaxy of kingdoms.

The gameplay have not changed much since those days, but the interest has clearly fallen.

Why is that??
  • The man in charge didn't give a shit.
  • And games advanced to the point where you didn't have to wait an hour before something happened. There's been some debate as to whether SK could have been kept active with some visual aids. BCart definitely missed a trick when he set up FBSK and didn't push that harder. If he had combined the two servers and made it popular, we'd still be running with a massive playerbase
  • It's a matter of simplicity to code the game so that crap can happen every 5 minutes, and its evident from his other endeavors that he has no lack of skill. He can make money from this game, but he makes the choice to not.
    '
    He must make some if he's unwilling to sell up shop
  • pretty sure he can still make decent money from this game from ads and premis. he's just too lazy to promote this game for some stranger reason. FBSK was a great starting point but once again, due to his neglect, that server never had more than 50 players while it had a potential for 5000.
  • edited January 2014
    Even if he just gives some one complete controls ( so they can reset/ scan and ban etc etc and make alterations)
    And Bcart used to make a LOT of money from it at one point, but when a lot of players left, he just decided he would keep running the game till it died and prolly as long as he is making money out of it...

And since we are still here, with many still watching adds and some others still paying for a premium that is more expensive than before (with probably lower server rates since he doesn't have to support thousands of connections anymore and server hosting rates have gone down in the last 10 years), proves he was not wrong and probably still making quite some money with the website just as it is ^^.

He hasn't cared about the community or the players for many years...
  • edited January 2014
    I remember someone doing calculations years ago..

• Its cool, I've got our back!
  • people need to realize that hes quite possibly without internet atm with the freak winter storms going on....besides this isn't the most time we've been without sk
    All signs point to him living in BC, probably in the valley. Its barely below freezing over there haha
    Make an offer to purchase it from him ;)

I offered him 10, 000 dollers. He ignored me.
    I was in america at timr with my lap top so it would have been ideal.
    He ignored me .
    Weve only ever had 1 conversation ever
  • 10,000 isn't a lot of money for a website making money. I get the idea but I'm going to assume he was making a lot more then that in ads etc.

To be honest it could be a lot of things happening from family troubles/emergencies, to vacations, forgetting about it. Holidays, etc. I highly doubt that he is shutting it down now. It's still making him money to do nothing.

As for mods etc, we're all being extremely hopeful that he will pass anything along or do anything with the game. There has been many attempts for this and it hasn't happened unfortunately. I don't ever recall bcart being too active in the forums from when I used to play 12 years ago. So I don't expect him to pick it up now.
  • Wow so maybe BCart is just doing it out of spite... From all the abuse he has copped
  • Could be, but the shit people have said to him is reasonable. If he doesn't do anything, it's out of spite or lack of fucks to give.

Even I offered him $ and I don't know the first thing about websites. I'm sure knowledgeable folk can do better.
  • Viva is talking shite as usual, Beanland offered him money though i believe.
  • He did definitely miss the bus on making this a new app when they came out with apps and he could have made a shit ton of money off of it. Especially when they first came out everything was $ now everythings free. Probably could have gotten all the old players back via apps. I know we all would like an app to make it a lot simpler. Hell even holos simple mobile site was nice to use. I cant copy paste on my iphone in sk. Even when I click a box it writes it in the middle of my window not even near the little box thingy (Yep Im super smart with webiste stuff)
  • Starkingdoms.com value has been below 1k for a couple years now.
  • wouldnt doubt it, but I dont put much stock in those evaluation sites. My friend bought a website for 30k and its evaluation was just over $900. But hes currently making 2500-4000 a month off advertising.
  • Starkingdoms.com value has been below 1k for a couple years now.
    Even earning 800 bucks a year with virtually no work is still a good deal :)
  • www.starkingdoms.com
    estimated website price is
    $ 10,019

haha
  • damn, i guess you shoudl of offered those extra 19$ to get this site!