Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The "I'm Running a WW Game" Thread

Comments

• In as long as I don't have to mod. People who win a couple games will be killed because of their win count....lol
  • I really wouldn't mind modding a very basic mafia / town game.
  • I'm sure wecould have a few people rotating
  • How does one choose an mvp
  • The winning side (good or evil) whoever the mod maybe thought played the best gets the nod I wouldthink. For example Daru would obviously get MVP, for the last game i read i would of given it to Pheonix. For meadows game i would of given it to az etc, could be other things idk
  • there ought to be bonus points for being on the winning side and actually living until the end
  • I got MVP in the Walls game! But this sounds fun.
  • Why not just do a simple points-based system. A 'ww-league' if you will. I think it'll motivate people to want to win the game, regardless of what side they're on.

- You get 0 points if you're on the losing side.
    - You get 1 point if you're on the winning side.
    - You get 2 points if you're on the winning side and are still alive at the end of the game.
    - You get 3 points if you're MVP.
  • I like that
  • Also winner of league gets free steam game!
  • :: Dances.::
  • * Throws Vietnamese Dong at TMonsta *
  • Anyone willing to host the next ww?

Imma try and host a short one after daru finishes his
  • i fully support your endeavor
  • I'd like to host the next and I have 2 ideas.

First is The Masquerade. In this WW I would (with doles help) create several accounts with names such as "Red Fox Mask" or "Blue Wolf Mask" etc..... and these would be handed out to the players. Every player would have an alternate account. In the WW thread itself, players are allowed to post on both of their original accounts and their mask accounts; however only votes made on mask accounts will count. This format would allow for a lot of confusion and misleading people via pretending to be another account and what not.

The other idea Id like to run would be a more standard WW format, however the mafia members each have somebody they have to protect which is a secret. In order for an individual mafia member to win the person he's protecting must make it to the end (the point at which it becomes obvious the mafia is going to win.)
    There's still a lot of work to be done on this idea, because it'll be very difficult to for mafia to end the game and win. Plus there are issues with what happens if a mafia's protected person dies, and how to handle mafia kills in the late game. However the concept of mafia being unable to kill some people and protecting them during the day I think is neat and I would like to try it.

So let me know which you'd rather see
  • the second one.
  • i've plyed something like the first one it was amazing, the mafia had an ability to take over one of the other accoutns and make you look scummy to was amazing
  • need more people to vote so I know which to start working on :P
  • voting for the second one because its less confusing

• I vote for the second one, although the first one would be really fun also.
  • since i'm on phone and ww mechanics thread is far, i'll throw here the idea of having a time, where changing votes is locked but new votes are still allowed.

this means people cant changes votes last second to tie/untie unless they are holding it.

would be quite suspicious though hahaha...

i'll add this to my complex ww ideas brain thread
  • i say the second one, but have you ever seen it done or is just theory craft?

I have discussed doing the first one, but without the help of dole (so dole can play) the person can just message from their main who they are and drop the 2-accounts playing 1 game/voting stuff
  • i say the second one, but have you ever seen it done or is just theory craft?

I have discussed doing the first one, but without the help of dole (so dole can play) the person can just message from their main who they are and drop the 2-accounts playing 1 game/voting stuff
    A smart player could take advantage of a player doing this though. Plus its not that hard to say in the rules "no direct revealing".

Though quite honestly it doesn't really matter. Worse comes to worse and everybody reveals which account they are, its still a WW with a normal setup. Just no hiding behind masks. It wouldn't be as fun, but revealing your account wouldn't break the game
  • Also should I go ahead and start signups?
  • Once loaf gets his one day game posted I would start signups.
  • < ---- Wants back in on the rotation, theme TBT
    Throw back Thursday?
    Tampa Bay times?
  • Trolls be Trolls
  • Texan Barbecue Tacos
  • I want back in the line to run a minority rule WW :P
  • Only day 2, but I'm really enjoying this WW so far. I'll be interested in seeing if the players enjoyed it. I will say the activity right now at the start of day 2 is promising