Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WW - Harry Potter (Day 1!)

Comments

• Also magician swayed the game himself by saying he needed to do things differently az etc could of swung it but rmag sealed rheir fates
    My post reflects only that having two groups of bad guys would avoid people coming out and revealing their roles, as there would be 5 small groups instead of two big ones and two small ones. I did not plan for you guys to come out like that. For me coming out like that is immediate suicide for the good guys with the risk of losing kingsley and having the aurors controlled by malfoy
    Once we had voldemort, it made sense for the aurors to come out since we can't touch him.
  • Normally you'd be right, but mysticassassin pulled a noob move and got caught being malfoy. After that, there's no reason why the Aurors+Order can't work together... and you suddenly have 10 or w/e players allied against the bad guys.
  • You guys are all posting like it's all over. This could've been a great game if volde and malfoy didn't get caught first night.

If I were the death eaters I would at least organize for a 5 man group and declare that they are the DA to make things more interesting.

• My post reflects only that having two groups of bad guys would avoid people coming out and revealing their roles, as there would be 5 small groups instead of two big ones and two small ones. I did not plan for you guys to come out like that. For me coming out like that is immediate suicide for the good guys with the risk of losing kingsley and having the aurors controlled by malfoy

You just needed to have the Death Eaters able to use the imperious curse on someone if they could role match, or match to group or something. Some type of anti-claim mechanism is always important in a game like this. But I do agree with the others that Kingsley is overpowered. You gave the order of the phoenix essentially half the player base as townfirms. Even without being able to successfully find Lucius, or getting lucky with tagging voldemort, it would have been quite simple to narrow down scum. Even if we weren't able to do claims publicly, there were more DE than DA,and selectively targeting the unknown group would always yield a higher chance of finding and killing a DE.
  • You guys are all posting like it's all over. This could've been a great game if volde and malfoy didn't get caught first night.

If I were the death eaters I would at least organize for a 5 man group and declare that they are the DA to make things more interesting.

not entirely pointless, but still wouldn't have much of an effect, really. They make a 5 man group to try and cast doubt, and they leave people out who are obviously DE members. We focus on killing those people first while running checks, and would have the true alignment of players within the next night.
  • The sun sets and the aurors can wait no longer. The people are demanding the truth and Rita Skeeter's quibble keeps making weird anxiety noises. Mystic's sweat is visible on his forehead and the clock's hand move's toward the big 12. Moody loses his patience and takes out his wand. A spell of his own shoots from his wand and mystic starts crying out. His sleeve ripped off, flames rising from his forearm. Skeeter couldn't hold herself and immediately approaches histerical. "OH MY GOD HIS DEATH EATER BRAND IS ON ABLAZE!"

Mystic is indeed Lucius Malfoy, and unfortunately for him death eaters are no longer being sent to azkaban. "Who shall do the honors?" - asks Moody. Kingsley draws his wand - "Goodbye scum". Silently a purple bolt shoots from his wand and Malfoy's body explodes. His feet were the only remains to stay by the chair, looking gloomy and lonely without their owner.

The town retires to their own houses. It is now night time.
  • Kingsley is a lot more violent than I remember xD
  • Game over, voldemort dead. I'll write up something nice later.
  • Gga. Dryads starts tonight with day 1.
  • While I thought Kingsley was a bit OP, it was just bad luck that ended this game early.
  • We couldn't tell from the quotegasm you had going on. :p
  • Nah, I would have joined but I was ded.
  • Next time I run this I'll be sure to have two bad groups so this isn't as easily ended.... Dementors!
    Bro, do you even Harry Potter?

Dementors arent bad guys, they imprison and kill evil guys and anything in thier way. They are controlled by the ministry.
  • Do yyou even harry potter ghosted when vold came back dementors went to his side
  • Do yyou even harry potter ghosted when vold came back dementors went to his side
  • Spoiler alerts!!!
  • Spoiler guys - Voldemort was the one to kill Harry's parents.
  • Spoiler guys - Voldemort was the one to kill Harry's parents.
    :( I never even saw the first one.
    I just marathoned all the HPs this past week and there were no dementors at the end helping voldemort. The only time dementors were bad was the one book they were controlled by the bad director in the ministry after he resigned they were no more
  • Dont test me rookie. I can do at least 30 HPs a rep
  • If you read after vold is revived and all sorts of nastiness starts happening its mentioned that his followers broke out of prison. How did this happen? Why the dementors defected and went to his side. Human guards were put into place in that prison.
  • Harry Potter Spoiler - He has a lightning shaped scar.
  • Harry Potter Spoiler - He has a lightning shaped scar.
    I'm never watching it now.
  • Dont test me rookie. I can do at least 30 HPs a rep
    How about dementors spreading despair through london? That's right of the start of the deathly hallows.
  • Good, good. Another spoiler - Harry Potter is a wizard.
  • Another spoiler-Harry Potter screws Hermoine behinds rons back
  • Another spoiler-Harry Potter screws Hermoine behinds rons back
    One of the key things that made the movies so much worse was the screenplay pushing for Harry and Hermione to end up together. The guy that adapted them even said as much. As if he could harry potter like JK Rowling can. Wanker
  • Yeah agreed, I hate the Harry and Hermione angle in the movies.
  • I prefer the obtuse angle myself
  • If u didnt read the book it made sense but

The book made it that the two of them could never be like that