Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Horrorscope

edited October 2013 in General
So, i've been thinking of writing some astrology predictions using my knowledge as a psychologist. This is what i came up with.

Cancer. Tomorrow you'll wake up thinking about your work and how tiresome it is, but you'll go anyway. Your workmates, noticing your anguish, will cheer you up sucessfully. This one more day of the same work then becomes bearable. It will be a festivious lunch time, filled with the people you care with. You might as well encounter a special old friend. You're gonna cry. Tears of both joy and sadness will pour from your eyes as stories come and go. It is a day of trading experiences and ideas, both personal and profissional. The night shall be peaceful and you'll no longer feel tired. You will sleep with the most important person in your life gently caressing your hair.
Sadly, cancer isn't your sign, you'll die tomorrow.

Comments

• "astrology predictions using my knowledge as a psychologist"

Wat?
  • Gemini! Although If your predictions are accurate, I feel more like a cancer.
  • edited October 2013
    well, makes more sense to use statistics on behaviorial patterns to vaguely describe general population than to actually believe the position of the moon has a say in someone's personality...

its pretty much how the whole scam works anyway
  • pretty much

predictions are just things like "work will pick up soon" or "bad news is coming" or "your love life will be in for an improvement"

what exactly are those to mean? they are so vague.

work will pick up soon could relate to a guy thinking he will be offered a job soon or somebody with a job already that expects a promotion.

same tactic those beyond the grave readers use as well.

fucking fraudsters
  • Unfortunately, there's actually enough gullible people around to make this a multi-billion dollar industry, lol.
  • Wait, so this stuff is fake?
  • dont worry shining, its only scientifically fake...

everything is real as long as you believe in it
  • dont worry shining, its only scientifically fake...

everything is real as long as you believe in it
    **taps heals 3 times**

FUCK, still in Texas :(
  • heels*

You plebeian.
  • unreliable
  • Haha so humanity isn't real? I don't believe in it. o.o
  • Oh my god you mean I can't love my life based on a horoscope:(

I Have always wondered this. If the horsescope is based on the alignment of the stars or something who interprets that and by what do they use to actually make the interpretations?

Don't give me wrong I've always been a firm believer that all horoscopes are basically bullshit You can read anyone and relate to at least part, some or all of it. I work with people who will actually wake up and and say they're going to have a bad day because of what they read on it. Of course you're going to have a bad day now that you put it in your head you are.

On a side note I would like to apologize if I misspelled the word horoscope I'm using voice to text and my iPhone apparently cannot spell it but it does know how to spell bullshit.
  • you´re safe...

i used horrorscope as a pun for the morbid joke
  • You can apply probabilities to this - Chances are most of what's written will apply to a few and partially apply to varying degrees for many others. Either way, it's enough to make them believers in this scam. They're people who are easily influenced, manipulated and fooled because it doesn't require much critical thinking. I bet they also believe in religion too.
  • you´re safe...

i used horrorscope as a pun for the morbid joke
  • Religious people openly mock horoscopes, so no, no Sky.
  • Religious people openly mock horoscopes, so no, no Sky.
    Rational people mock both
  • edited October 2013
    Rational people don't mock all religion, just cults.
  • Rational people don't mock all religion, just cults.
    This. A normal religious person isn't any different than an athiest, you're just a clueless tard if you mock them.
  • edited October 2013
    I don't see any difference between those who believe in Horoscopes, are in a cult and/or those who believe in various deities in the form of organized religion. It's all make-believe, in my opinion, and based on unsubstantiated and flimsy evidence at its core. In the modern world, a lot of those hallucinating nut-jobs would be in a psychiatric ward if they made those kinds of claims. What about those today who claim that they saw God/Jesus/Gabriel/Whoever else and he ordered that person to kill their own children/family/an innocent passer-by?

I disagree, Zeal. A normal, religious person is different to an atheist - Someone religious doesn't require proof of God, but has faith. Atheists see no proof of God and require evidence.

I fall mostly into the latter camp mainly because of lack of proof of almost anything in scripture.