Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TRAINING CAMPS - YES OR NO

edited October 2013 in General
guys in the big scope of things im still fairly new, do people bother with training camps? If so what type of KDs? I know DWs dont bother with TCs usually since goons are so cheap anyways.. I heard a lot of people drop TCs for income/probes.. WHY? is the 30% cheaper military not worth it?

Comments

• i build 50% tcs so my military is free
  • great advice! serious advice please though :(
  • DW FTMFW no TCs
  • Doesnt even take much math to figure out if they are worth it. Even DWs usually benefit.

Calc your military gain in a 24h period, figure out if 10% more SMs would be better than 30% savings.

I think there is a number that is optimal, like 40% of your income a day going to mili or w/e
  • If a DW goes high pop LT/goon, doesnt matter if they have tcs or not cause theyre still going to have a shitty kingdom.
  • on high income planets i usually drop tcs around 5k land...if i make it that high.
  • is this srsly a question from rank 1 in nw. o how far sk has fallen
  • hey if u dont ask the questions ull never learn id rather let the whole world know im a newbie and be better off for it next round fellas
  • I use TC's early on to about 1k land. After doing so, I convert them all to Res and mass goons/lgoons. It all depends on what you build, if you're a tank player, pure TF's/lgoons, etc.

But they become useless after a certain size, so I don't usually keep them long.
  • tcs really don't become "useless" exactly they just become less useful as the game progresses then once you get to a certain size endgame etc they could become useful or they couldn't just depends on who you ask and if you are heavy tanks or not i suppose
  • I agree, I'm a firm believer in Goons/Lgoons with high pop. When you become larger, you gain so much damned money, it's kinda pointless wasting land on TC's, might as well have them on probes an shit.
  • Im not sure ive ever dropped TCs except when probefarming
  • Meh, I guess that's why I always get KTed, or rage suicide, I don't usually make it to the end of a round :P
  • only time I've found TCs to be worth giving up is if you're either

A) not making military at all except soldiers(I've found time to do this sometimes) and then you rebuild them later

or

B) you're an income PT on s2. I'm pretty sure on s2 fw/mount explore turtles building mainly LDs can make TCs not worthwhile.
  • edited October 2013
    only time I've found TCs to be worth giving up is if you're either

A) not making military at all except soldiers(I've found time to do this sometimes) and then you rebuild them later

or

B) you're an income PT on s2. I'm pretty sure on s2 fw/mount explore turtles building mainly LDs can make TCs not worthwhile.
    On s2, I build all res/rax/probes on mysti then go buck wild on my 7-8 hour return times. I'll make a large grab, build some tc's for 36 hours, build defense/offense, convert them into rax or res, then repeat the order over again. But it all relys on the sector maintaining Mobil. If the sector stays in growth **as they tend to like doing** My strat is fucked.

After I get to be about 10k land, I start building SM's again, because by then i've got about a 350k pop assuming I've got longevity researched or not, and I'm set for the remainder of the round. But after that, I rarely ever keep up with TC's, you begin to make enough money to maintain your goons/lgoon pop and become an unstoppable force :)
  • fauss......

it's math time

u calculate simply where does ur money go, how much money do u spend on units per hour on average

or stipulate that over a 24 hour period for the best average

so say u build wut, 30,000 laser dragoons.
    u save 30% off if ur at max tcs.
    550 per ld, u save. 165 per LD, x that by 30,000 u save 5m roughly if u have tcs. in 24 hours

now u have to calculate based off of land.
    say u have 100k land that's 10,000 tcs....
    that's 10,000 possible starmines which is roughly 150 per mine lets say for ez math
    which is 1.5m per hour.
    now in 24 hours thats wut, 36million? that's a 31m loss if u have tcs.
    now if u made 300k lds in 24 hours, then u'd save 50m, which would be worth it

all depends on how much military u train per day, and also what kind, if they were tanks the savings would be greater, etc. tfs

so just do math. but if ur lazy and ballpark like most of us, build tcs, build a lot of military, then just explore for a long time and ignore ur tcs, then when u need military again, build tcs again. basically that's the ez rotation. if u do the math properly, ur kingdom will be way better, then people who eyeball it, unless ur pretty experienced then ur eyeballing is pretty much dead on.
  • thanks for those very explicit and detailed instructions I fully grasp the concept now, cheers!
  • guys in the big scope of things im still fairly new, do people bother with training camps? If so what type of KDs? I know DWs dont bother with TCs usually since goons are so cheap anyways.. I heard a lot of people drop TCs for income/probes.. WHY? is the 30% cheaper military not worth it?

i havnt read any more fo the thread so i dont know if anyone has said what im about to or not, only SHITTY Dws would have no tcs, simply because goons are so cheap it wouldnt be possible for anyone who wasnt dogshit to beable to have enough pop for D and O. Hence having to build tanks, ontop of that its very rare you will see if top top kd of any kind with no tcs all Lds/Dragoons.

i mean it is possible for say a really good Terra kd to be that way IF he plays the kd right but even then once he gets to a certain size he is susceptible either being used as a popfarm by other kds or straight up being crippled by Arsons, If you need help with your KD right now then msg me on AIM when im on and ill tell you where you should go from here. Its all good people showing figures of this and that but circumstances dictate how you have to build.
  • there are a lot of factors- but several are : can you keep nanos up?
    hie much exploring are u doing
    hiw many soldiers di u have to make?.

lynogs last point is correct tho - there is no one build that is always right, however dropping tcs if your acrive enough is at some pount correct
  • edited October 2013
    We proved last round pretty well that those high pop tankless players are shit. They were massive at first and had great kingdoms, but they all fell behind hard.. i can only assume its because they had too much land devoted to rax? Not sure.

Regardless, playing tankless will usually make you an easy target to arsons and you prob need more power too. Just a bad strat
  • We proved last round pretty well that those high pop tankless players are shit. They were massive at first and had great kingdoms, but they all fell behind hard.. i can only assume its because they had too much land devoted to rax? Not sure.

Regardless, playing tankless will usually make you an easy target to arsons and you prob need more power too. Just a bad strat
    That's why I play TFs/Lgoons, it's the perfect mixture :)
  • blasphemy, your kingdoms are never too big to be hit... what happens when people roll you?
  • Depends on the units you're training and how many. I'm playing TF for the first time, and TC's are definitely useful for what I'm doing but it all depends on what your game plan is for the round.
  • TF's and LD's are perfect. It's harder to overload your rax when you're focusing strictly on one set of units, in my case LD's. While bays have a limit that you can't go over. Set up what you feel is a good offense for TF's and you're good to go. It works well because most people don't smack someone who has enough TF's to hit you back... unless you're KTed of course :P
  • edited October 2013
    TF's and LD's are perfect. It's harder to overload your rax when you're focusing strictly on one set of units, in my case LD's. While bays have a limit that you can't go over. Set up what you feel is a good offense for TF's and you're good to go. It works well because most people don't smack someone who has enough TF's to hit you back... unless you're KTed of course :P
    you finished way below Hansa on s2, you're opinion on this does not count.
  • TF's and LD's are perfect. It's harder to overload your rax when you're focusing strictly on one set of units, in my case LD's. While bays have a limit that you can't go over. Set up what you feel is a good offense for TF's and you're good to go. It works well because most people don't smack someone who has enough TF's to hit you back... unless you're KTed of course :P
    you finished way below Hansa on s2, you're opinion on this does not count.
    Not Hansa, Hazza/Zack Fair

• That's probably what lynog meant, seeing as how Hansa can at least make a rank1 kingdom, even if it's not the greatest.
  • That's probably what lynog meant, seeing as how Hansa can at least make a rank1 kingdom, even if it's not the greatest.
    i did mean hazza but both of them are shite, one considerably more than the other.
  • Depends on your play style. If you are exploring rather than making big hits you could put that land into star mines. I like doing this around 6k land if I know I will be hit back because I am not large enough to prevent it.
  • edited October 2013
    I run TCs, pushing Tanks/LTs for defense and train a small aresenal of troopers for grabs, until my goons/LDS are researched. At that point I stop making TCs. Usually by that time I have the first tier of savings based upon honor. And my land size depends upon how fast I'm growing and how hard it is to keep my top 5 maxed. I keep the TCs until they equal 5% and then I convert to res/Rax. And of course being misty I run 5-6% pps (right now I'm 8% will full shields and +75k power/tick) so that extra land there is already in SMS so my pop/money even out where I can train all my pop into solds and then LDS and not have much left over. If I do a huge goon rush I then use the leftover cash to train additional tanks until I need to switch back to LDS. Of course any robs will allow me to train more tanks...

But that's me and as most know, I'm not that good lol
This discussion has been closed.