Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ruined PK due to account sharing

edited September 2012 in General
We were PKing this KD:

He conveniently logs in 3 minutes prior to end of tick. He also happens to match IP with this KD, who had a login of the previous tick (we didn't care about this guy obviously).

We had already sent many missile strikes - they would show up in sector news (I have a screen capture of that too if you really need to see it).

Comments

• THE CHEATER HUNTERS STRIKE AGAIN!!!
  • FF7 walkthrough? isn't it more fun to just figure stuff out by yourself?
  • I was trying to remember which Tonberry morphs into a Ribbon.
  • Defo account sharing but as youre already killing them... uhhhhh haha
  • U mean they aren't cousins/room mates/spouses/significant others/etc etc???
  • U mean they aren't cousins/room mates/spouses/significant others/etc etc???
    Pet dog probably.
  • Defo account sharing but as youre already killing them... uhhhhh haha
    It's just shitty that all those PA's and missiles go up in smoke because this dickless shmegma farter thinks that no one will do anything more about it.
  • Screen shots or it never happened.
  • Yea that's a dick move. Log their IP's for next round so we can wreck their KD's. We might even be able to post a PF thread of players that need to get rolled for various reasons next go around.
  • KT everyone that wont identify themselves.
  • This is true, not everyone knows how to change their IPs. Like me!
  • because you are multi scum zeal
  • Lol, cry me a river. Every alliance back in the day and probably every alliance to this day, has done some form of account sharing during wars because sending aid has been bugged and non functional for the last ohhh 8 years if not more. That's why a true PK has to be done in a five minute timespan before anyone even realises that its going on. I do feel your pain though, nothing sucks more then a surprise pk ruined with the target logging in at :59 lol
  • How about you drown yourself in a river, and no one will cry over it.
  • edited September 2012
    Notice that any rules Mind does not like are ridiculed and of no value. Because he loves an unfair advantage. That shit holds water to some of us man, we call it cheating.
  • hes shit, i have nothing more to day about the guy, all the good things i heard are just not true, the guy is a joke
  • I could have sworn I saw anti-multi threads etc etc from MindNRA, someone correct me if I'm wrong?

I'm probably wrong, as all I've seen lately is him bashing people who call out cheaters lol
  • Right Dank, you never logged into an account that wasn't yours in your entire life? You two Lynog, all those years of playing SK and never once? Bullshit.

I am just stating a fact here, account sharing during wars has always been a common practice. Some did it more then others, some did it more covert then others. But at the end of the day, everyone including Fenris and Zamolxe and Mafia and xLTx and Ragnarok made certain exceptions to rules during wars. And anyone who buys the story that Depressland or Eau or Me could actually stay up online for 4 days straight while getting KTed is a moron.

Personally I doubt there is a single person that posted in this thread who hasn't broken any rules of SK.
  • And Zeality, there is a vast canyon between multing and bending the rules during war because features such as sector aid never functioned properly. And account sharing during war does come with risks, Ragnarok did it in masses and one day they woke up to a quarter of alliance disbanded by their own VAL who got mad about something. More over, bending certain rules in wars doesn't affect the strategic/competitive side for common players as the people who usually need to have someone log in to their account to save from pk death are toast as is.
  • edited September 2012
    We all do dumb shit for various purposes but we know it's wrong. It's different when you start trashing the few rules we do have. We need reasons to KT people it makes the game fun and punishes rule breakers at the same time. The player base is small and PK's are a bitch. We shouldn't overlook sharing. If you run an alliance without bots and multis you will understand. It's not like it was.
  • I have never broken the SK rules.

And don't tell me I haven't played enough rounds. I played "bak in da dae" too you schmuckburger.
  • I don't think account sharing to save a friend from being PK'd is fair. What has that to do with aid?
  • All ive heard you say is "back in the day" all the cheating thats going on now was commonly accepted back then, none of us give a shit tbh, its not accepted now and it certainly isnt fair.
  • Mafia never had bots and while certain players did multi on a small scale, it certainly wasn't prevailent as you seem to think.

Probe kills are awesome as they add a huge dimenshion to war but without sector aid functioning properly (and it was pretty much dissabled for all rounds that I played), probe kills become retarded. Most people don't have the ability or the want to stay up every hour for a two week war. And thats exactly what you would need if you didn't want to get PKed because with the numbers and activity we had back in the day, it was not uncommon to run multiple five minute probe kills at hour changes. Hell, we once pked a Fenris AL in 30 seconds before hour change while he was online.

If sector aid would function properly then you would not need to account share at all, in fact organizing sector watch would add a whole new dimenshion to war but without it, its dumb to expect an average player (or any player for that matter) to stay up day and night for weeks on end just so he wouldn't get killed at night.

And how exactly are you punishing a rule breaker when he is already being KTed? Thats the whole point is that if you were one of the people who needed someone to login to your account to not get PKed, you were unlikelly to survive the war in the first place.
  • edited September 2012
    5 sector alliances. Some set to only 5 probe runs. Most people on at different times. People not even looking in the forums. Add spies. Factor out multis and the 5 min pk is a pipe dream. At best it's a fond memory of what the game once was. Back then you just said screw it land grab and fail him. These days the guy is likely to live if they are a decent player. Especially if they share.
  • I don't think account sharing to save a friend from being PK'd is fair. What has that to do with aid?
    They are in the same sector. If aid functions the way it was suppose to, he would not need to login to his friends account, he would just send him some pop.
  • My point is that you can't expect an individual to be on 24/7 and you shouldn't penalize players who actually prefer to get their sleep rather then worry about a game. Without sector aid, there is no countermeasure to an organized probe kill. Sure you can make it harder and with the player base so small, you can even be safe if you properly set up your kingdom but with a large player base, it doesn't matter if you have 25% probe facts and all shields on, you are still getting pked if needed.
  • if you have 25% pfs and full shields, its very very very likely you wont be pked, please stop talking rubbish
  • Aren't you all already in a war with their alliances? So just KT the guy and be done with it. Its not like you need permission to target someone in a war.
  • Aid hasn't been triggered by missles and PAs for a long ass time. It shouldn't be made to function that way. It's not broken in that sense, it was fixed. It is broken in that aid can only be received for that tick... But for pas and missles? Retarded using that as an excuse to account share during war. Please come up with something that half way makes sense...